Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    +1

OK ,,lets get into the RXP

Since Katrina, and my shop is down, I`ve decided that I must tear into this thing.

Duals are a no go!
    Single outlet is it!
    Its right ther and the BELL is in place already.
    The rear vent is the way to go as GREENHULK has said.

Wanna see numbers boys?
    Watch this.
    This is gonna be easy.

I just need to knw the sensor thats in the exhaust,,coming from cooler,,, the schematics, More importantly,,,,what the values are. A simple resistor and cap are needed to keep it in the llopp. Thats it. This thing will rock like a block,,,,if ya`ll are ready. The cold air intake is a joke, The thru hull is a joke, Get back with me electronic boys if ya wanna crack the code! Godfather on the boards can make the jumpers! Ear you boys listening?

+1
    The sensor on the waterbox is the exhaust temperature sensor. All you have to do is zip tie it to one of the water lines going to the coolant tank. All it needs is a constant source of heat.

Why do you want to remove it from the waterbox anyway?

+1
    waterbox,,,gone. Gota cool exhaust and its already there.

+1
    Hoss post some pics

+1
    Will post pics when done. I need to jump that sensor. May need to put one extra bell in this thing for me,,,knowwhatimeen. Just for myself knowing I need some values on that sensor. Can someone get in touch with a mapping guru for the ECU on these things. PLEASE!

Intake should run to the rear. Its gonna be a snap! Charger will get as much clean air as it wants. I really don`t see water ingestion being an issue whatsoever. REALLY! GOD is that gonna be an easy mod. I really didn`t look at my ski before last night.

Great thing about intake in rear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the tube is already there, its already taperred, its lightweight plastic and routed damn near to the supercharger already. Looks like it was made for this already. That is deffinately the way to go! Can`t believe this wasn`t picked up way before and ran with. Water ingestion is more likely from the hull with the RIVA intake and alike than this spot. If you sunk the tailend there could be problems IF you were on the hammer.

If someone knows someone who has mapped out ECU I need to know the values on sensor.

+1
    I need a block off for stock exhaust outlet. Come on boys,,,,lets uncork these things,,,help me out,

+1
    Nobody has mapped out the ECU and the values are not made public.

Just strap the temperature sensor to one of the coolant lines on the coolant tank. Those that have modded the waterbox (opened them up) do this mod because the waterbox evacuates so quickly that the temperature sensor may read hot causing the ECU to richen things up to cool things off.

This is how the waterbox mod is done:
    http://greenhulk.net/?p=8

I still don't understand why on earth you would remove the waterbox

By the way, routing the air intake like you are contemplating doing has already been done. Do a search on pwctoday.com for Venom_RXP and you will find it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS
    I need a block off for stock exhaust outlet. Come on boys,,,,lets uncork these things,,,help me out,
    Riva provides a blockoff with their thru hull exhaust kit.

Also, what is this "bell" you keep mentioning? Are you refering to the D-Bel plastic resonator? If so you will want to remove that piece of shit

+1
    A bell is in a boats exhaust. Looks like an omega sign or upside down u. I own a `75 Southwind jet. 460 getting stroked and poked to a 514.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Nobody has mapped out the ECU and the values are not made public.

Just strap the temperature sensor to one of the coolant lines on the coolant tank. Those that have modded the waterbox (opened them up) do this mod because the waterbox evacuates so quickly that the temperature sensor may read hot causing the ECU to richen things up to cool things off.

This is how the waterbox mod is done:
    http://greenhulk.net/?p=8

I still don't understand why on earth you would remove the waterbox

By the way, routing the air intake like you are contemplating doing has already been done. Do a search on pwctoday.com for Venom_RXP and you will find it.
    Great pics. Bell will be longer than I thought. Why have the waterbox? It is doing nothing. Hell, if its heat you worry about just take more from orifice in pump. A pump actually over cools a motor. This is gonna rock. Straight thru exhaust, totally uncorked.

I will do that with the sensor. Tie wraps. Damn I wish I would have seen this all earlier.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information