Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

valves, retainers best combo for 8800rpm question?

iwant to know whats the best combo for upgrading the valves and springs and whats the results i could get from them.
    taking weight at this part of the motor could get more response, or people do it only for being more secure.
    right know im reving 8780 and 9400 unhooked and works fine...
    theres not too much info about using light things like the camshaft, the light rotax balancer or the sprocket.
    so if someone do all this that could share his opinion will be apreciated...

+1
    I did not notice any gains from a lightened stock cam and sprocket but did it for the safety factor. Suppose it depends on what you want to spend and how far your pushing the motor.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayers View Post
    I did not notice any gains from a lightened stock cam and sprocket but did it for the safety factor. Suppose it depends on what you want to spend and how far your pushing the motor.
    same here! Better to have a little more margin of safety IMO.

The Les Cooke retainers should be all you need for 8800. You will want lightened valves if you want to run higher

I do have a set for sale in the classifieds http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=186374

+1
    I got the Riva Titanium retainers to go with my Riva ECU (8600) and I'm convinced it wasn't good enough. After blowing the motor from water ingestion, I found out all of the valve seats were chipped

+1

valves, retainers best combo for 8800rpm question?

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    I got the Riva Titanium retainers to go with my Riva ECU (8600) and I'm convinced it wasn't good enough. After blowing the motor from water ingestion, I found out all of the valve seats were chipped
    You need more than just the retainers. The springs are a must too
    Last edited by jhill19; 10-09-2012 at 07:44 AM.

+1
    where were the seats chipped? and intake/exhaust, or both?

Iím running the Complete RUDE valve train upgrade..., i hope itís enough for now....
    Iím also planning on using this ski only for 1 year and then sell it completely stock...
    My mechanic told me, it could hold for 1 year more less, then safety issues are unknown
    PD: i run on open sea CC race, so normally im 20% of the time or more on the air (9400RPM)

+1
    At the time, there were plenty of people on here saying that they run just the riva retainers and never had a problem. But I always have to learn from my own mistakes. It happened over a year ago but if I remember correctly, It was intake and exhaust right where the valve seats. I still have the head with all the valves in it, its just that it no longer has a cam or rockers so the valves are closed and I don't feel like taking it apart.

+1
    At the time, there were plenty of people on here saying that they run just the riva retainers and never had a problem. But I always have to learn from my own mistakes. It happened over a year ago but if I remember correctly, It was intake and exhaust right where the valve seats. I still have the head with all the valves in it, its just that it no longer has a cam or rockers so the valves are closed and I don't feel like taking it apart.

Why would retainers cause valve seats to get chipped? I don't get it?

I know there are a ton of guys running the les cooke retainers which are pretty much the same things as the Rivas....

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post

Why would retainers cause valve seats to get chipped? I don't get it?

I know there are a ton of guys running the les cooke retainers which are pretty much the same things as the Rivas....
    ttt

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information