Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

2013 Ultra 300X & LX Improvements

Are any of you knowledgeable folks willing to let us "outsiders" in on the improvements for the 2013 JetSkis listed in the title?

So far the Exhaust Filter is understood to be improved. Unfortunately I have already purchased the existing/available Exhaust Filter for my winterization efforts this fall. I certainly would've waited until spring to purchase the newer version of this VERY expensive part had I known of the pending update/improvement(s). Although ignorance is certainly bliss at some points in time, this unfortunately wasn't one of those times!

Next are the suspected cooling system improvements. Certainly while I'm planning on my next oil change, which will include an Oil Filter, I would like to plan around the possible improvements if they involve the Oil Cooler / Oil Filter Assembly. Again hoping not to go to ANY extra effort this fall if it can be delayed or is not necessary.

Thanks in advance for imparting your knowledge as I'm hoping that's what this forum is/was intended for.........

I having trying to find out this too, specially the exhaust filter part, whats better about it?

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    All the new improvements are good ones and most are easily retro to older 300's.

+1
    So why is there such secrecy with regard to the improvements? Most of us want to do our "serious maintenance" in the fall or spring. AND then add the complications of storing the vehicle away from the "port of call" during the winter so leaving it unassembled is not a good plan... I started this particular thread because I assume there are others in a similar situation to mine. Need the information, but don't really want to search the nonsense that surrounds the trickle of the information spattered amongst the other threads. This thread has had +225 hits so I believe my point is valid.

While I certainly appreciate the information you very experienced mechanics and racers provide here... However the difficulty in extracting that information is often more time consuming than it really needs to be. I started this thread on 10/5, and the first informational reply was in reality not that technical in nature. Just a friendly observation………

+1
    just a friendly reply it is not our job to let privilaged info out before the one giving us the info gives the ok there are very few guys with 2013 model skis most of the ones i know are not very technical minded and would have no idea what the changes have been unless they were pointed out to them. so until i get my hands on one i cant give first hand info out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    just a friendly reply it is not our job to let privilaged info out before the one giving us the info gives the ok there are very few guys with 2013 model skis most of the ones i know are not very technical minded and would have no idea what the changes have been unless they were pointed out to them. so until i get my hands on one i cant give first hand info out.
    What do you mean "not very technical minded..." !!!!!

+1
    first timers, newbies, suit and collar guys, guys that have no idea, most of the regulars on here lmao

Quote Originally Posted by ImpactSportsTV View Post

+1
    first timers, newbies, suit and collar guys, guys that have no idea, most of the regulars on here lmao

Quote Originally Posted by ImpactSportsTV View Post
    Certainly you don't mean guys that have been riding and wrenching PWCs for over 20 years, right? LOL

+1
    well from what ive seen on here from so called wrenches and experience, who knows theres guys that know sh it and guys that think the know sh it

Banned User
    +1

2013 Ultra 300X & LX Improvements

Non Chinese cooling lines
    New exh filter
    New cc
    Trim possibly relocated
    New intake grate
    New rings.
    New pump shaft

There's some other stuff but this is the minor major stuff.

Now you can all sit back and wait on parts you won't be able to get for a few months. Lol.

Your welcome.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information