Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Acceleration problems RXT-X 255

Hi,

I am new to the site and cant find any threads regarding this problem.

We were out on a long cruise and on the way back we hit some major waves 3 meter plus over a ledge, my ski went on its side and went under with me hanging on for dear life,

i was pulling the accelerator trying to pull myself out, but the engine was sounding like it was going to stall so i was feathering the accelerator to keep it running and an error code came up and then vanished.

The engine then started running normally and pulled me out of the chop, when i made it back to the beach i removed the seats expecting to see the ski full of water but there was only the normal amount of water in the bottom.

The problem i have now is when i pull the accelerator the ski holds back before going and she has also lost some top speed, i have changed the plugs in case there was any oil thrown on them but i still have the same problem.

Does anybody have any ideas on what could be causing this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

+1

Re: Acceleration problems RXT-X 255

Quote Originally Posted by bosch View Post
    Hi,

I am new to the site and cant find any threads regarding this problem.

We were out on a long cruise and on the way back we hit some major waves 3 meter plus over a ledge, my ski went on its side and went under with me hanging on for dear life,

i was pulling the accelerator trying to pull myself out, but the engine was sounding like it was going to stall so i was feathering the accelerator to keep it running and an error code came up and then vanished.

The engine then started running normally and pulled me out of the chop, when i made it back to the beach i removed the seats expecting to see the ski full of water but there was only the normal amount of water in the bottom.

The problem i have now is when i pull the accelerator the ski holds back before going and she has also lost some top speed, i have changed the plugs in case there was any oil thrown on them but i still have the same problem.

Does anybody have any ideas on what could be causing this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Were you in a shallow area? Sounds like your wear ring might have been damaged.

+1
    No we were out at sea above a ledge, it is a good 30ft drop to the ledge but two tides meet there and make a huge chop.

She does the same when She is out of the water running on the hose, when you pull the accelerator it sounds like She is going to stall and then the engine will kick in and rev normally

+1

If you think you took in some water go ahead and change the oil just in case. Other than that and since you already changed plugs im at a loss.

+1
    I have checked the oil and there doesn't seam to be any water in the oil

+1
    Tip sensor? I used to have that happen when jumped waves on my RXPs. Terrible idea on their part as you lose power right when you need it.

+1

where is the tip sensor?

+1
    I'm not even sure if they still have them by the time the RXT-X came out. If I remember correctly, it was just one of the built in functions of the stock ECU.

+1

anybody have any ideas??

My rxtx does that after cruising for a period. its also random when it does it. seems to be more so when its warm. it doesnt have any issues with idle or stalling though.

If you cruise, about half throttle for a couple of minutes, around 40-50mph and then try pull full throttle it holds back like lack of boost/retarded/hot fuel or heat soak in the intercooler... after a a few second it clears and comes right. It has new solas prop, wear ring, carbon seal, plugs, iv removed IC and flushed it out. Next on the list is oil change.. i can only guess that the oil is starting to break down and allowing the SC clutch to slip.. i guess i could prove that with a boost gauge. if that doesnt fix it, im gunna pull the SC and check the slip point.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information