Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sea-Doo dealer says "What supercharger problems?"

Was shopping around locally for my first ski today when a Sea-Doo dealer tried to sell me a leftover '06 RXP for cheap. I told him that I wasnt interested because I've heard of so many problems with the supercharger clutch. He said that he has NEVER heard of any problems with the supercharger on any of the SD models. Is the issue with the superchargers overblown, or was he just feeding me BS to get me to buy one?

probably a little of both. for the amount of supercharged ski seadoo sells, there are few sc failures. u just here about most of them on this forum, so it might seem worse than it actually is. either way, if you do buy one, change the ceramic washers out for metal ones before you ride it. problem solved.

Id have to say If you passed up on buying an RXP Just because Of the S/C Clutch issues then that is a mistake , Its an easy easy fix plus its a warrantied Item for as long as 4 years .. Its a CLUTCH its ment to wear out So the Clutch issue in My opinion is NOt an issue at all The Washers wear the problems and that is a 90.00 Fix ... Or for that matter buy the ext warranty and blow the motor up in 2 yeras and get a brand new one ..

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    mxl16 said it well..... if it blows, it's a disaster, and naturally a big stink is made about it... RIGHTFULLY SO!

however, relatively speaking, the failure rate nationwide is not that bad at all, actually it's so acceptable that Seadoo continues to market the same product with its inherent fault for many years now and continues to eat up the warranty clams that are put thru on the units that do fail.

all in all.... the motors are well built... all the 4-tecs use the same engine design and same 1500cc powerplant. the 130 and 155HP models have no inherent problems and will run for years. the supercharged models have the same potential so long as you keep the supercharger from blowing up.

as MXL16 said... metal supercharger washers is all it takes to make the higher horsepower units very reliable for the average recreational rider

how good of a price did he feed you on a leftover RXP?

The price is $10'600 out the door with a trailer. The tax here in Alabama is 2.5% and is icluded in the price.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama_007 View Post
    The price is $10'600 out the door with a trailer. The tax here in Alabama is 2.5% and is icluded in the price.
    that's not that great of a deal on a leftover truthfully

... only reason i say that... i'm a dealer too

not even saying that to try and make a sale on you, bc i dont want to truthfully, and have nothing leftover to sell you anyway, but if i was you i wouldn't jump on that RXP at 10,600 OTD

10,200 is the absolute max i'd pay for a leftover with trailer and tax OTD (unless it's a triton aluminum trailer)

Around here it is hard to find a good deal. An 07 GTI SE 155 is $10'100 OTD. Another dealer was wanting $10'700 OTD with a trailer. I decided to pass up the RXP because I dont like the gold color and it's a year old already and still expensive. I can get an 07 Kawasaki 15f with trailer for $9850 OTD.

That isnt a very good price. i just got a quote for a friend of mine on a 07 RXP for 10600

+1
    I got my '06 rxp in November for $9400.00 OTD with an extra 1 yr BEST warr.
    My cousin is getting the same deal from the same dealer on his last 06 in stock. This is in So cal with 7.75% tax

my buddy got a quote 4 a 06 rxt 8900 & a 07 4 10,000 no trailer out of NY go 2 boattrader.com & look up pwc

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information