06 challenger 1800 looking for tips on where coolant is leaking

Hi my overheat loud BEEP went off ,put water in it and can't see the leak.It must hold alot because I drained a lot out of drain plugs.Ive only heard of 2 hoses and intercool.It ran fine after cooling off and refilling with water heading back to trailer,except put another gallon of water for my 15 minute return.What should I look for?TKS for any info,,,,,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudnman View Post
    Hi my overheat loud BEEP went off ,put water in it and can't see the leak.It must hold alot because I drained a lot out of drain plugs.Ive only heard of 2 hoses and intercool.It ran fine after cooling off and refilling with water heading back to trailer,except put another gallon of water for my 15 minute return.What should I look for?TKS for any info,,,,,
    Take a look at the ride plate also there is two hoses that go in to the ride plate from inside the boat. Those clamps sometimes brake.
    the intercool gets its water from the body of water that your in as does the exhaust. There is also a sensor on the exhaust the will cause the Beep to go off.

+1
    Check the hoses going to the Thermostat... i believe there are 6 hoses coming off the tstat.

Ride plate

Quote Originally Posted by joewharton2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudnman View Post
    Take a look at the ride plate also there is two hoses that go in to the ride plate from inside the boat. Those clamps sometimes brake.
    the intercool gets its water from the body of water that your in as does the exhaust. There is also a sensor on the exhaust the will cause the Beep to go off.
    Thanks,I found a hose that had a missing clamp have to get a clamp and see if that's it.I m hoping.

Thanks ,I found a hose with a missing clamp

+1
    Check all the clamps for rust and replace them

Thread Information