+1

Rough at idle - Check Engine - Intake Pressure Sensor?

My ski has about 7 hours on it since the rebuild. During the middle of the ride today it started idling rough and the check engine light came on. Other than that it seemed to ride just fine at full speed until I back down to idle. The fault code is "P0106 - ECM - Intake pressure sensor out of range".

Shop manual states that:

"Sensing port dirty orblocked.Sensor failure or unexpected reading atidle.Sensor fallen out of housingor leaking inlet.For a leak of theIntake Manifold, the ECM willdiagnose it only if the RPM isgreater than 5000 RPM"

Anyone know which wire is for the intake sensor? I've got multiple wires on or around the manifold. Pic or diagram would be nice. Thanks!

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-10-06 at 11.35.31 PM.png 
Views:	1112 
Size:	453.9 KB 
ID:	284808

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    as above, your a keen man riding around at full throttle etc with a ski running rough and an active fault code, could be leaning out big time if the map sensor is not accurate.

4. +1 by:

+1
    I checked today and my MAPS sensor appears to be connected tightly and is clean. Anyone ever have one of these things go bad? It seems coincidental that I'd have a failing sensor so soon after putting this ski back together. My concern is that if I purchase a new one, I'll find out later that the real problem is else where. Also worth noting, when I first turn the ski on it shows a "Low Oil Pressure" warning for a second, but doesn't throw a code. Only code thrown is the P0106 for intake pressure.

Banned User
    +1
    Low oil pressure code is common for a 'first start', as long as it disappears instantly.

p0106, have you got a boost gauge you can borrow for a short time?
    Check to see your idle, 5000rpm and even a quick rev up to 8000rpm if possible...
    That info should then be enough to tell you if you have a vac leak or a faulty sensor/connection.

If possible you could also borrow a sensor from another ski and install it... I think they are same PN for a large year range of SC 215/255/260 skis

last ski I saw that had that problem also had a leaking intercooler, replaced cooler and it went away

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by winterstick View Post
    last ski I saw that had that problem also had a leaking intercooler, replaced cooler and it went away
    +1, my intercooler was leaking and my ski was rough at idle. I have an internal cooler though although that shouldn't make a difference. How do your plugs look?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lilman573 View Post
    +1, my intercooler was leaking and my ski was rough at idle. I have an internal cooler though although that shouldn't make a difference. How do your plugs look?
    If the intercooler is leaking is this easy to diagnose? Should I be checking for visible cracks?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lolzer View Post
    Low oil pressure code is common for a 'first start', as long as it disappears instantly.

p0106, have you got a boost gauge you can borrow for a short time?
    Check to see your idle, 5000rpm and even a quick rev up to 8000rpm if possible...
    That info should then be enough to tell you if you have a vac leak or a faulty sensor/connection.

If possible you could also borrow a sensor from another ski and install it... I think they are same PN for a large year range of SC 215/255/260 skis
    Didn't realize they are all the same part number, I'll pull the sensor off my RXT tonight and test it out.

+1
    You need to pressure test it or if you run it then disconnect the pies on the low side and the is water in it u know its bad

Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lilman573 View Post
    If the intercooler is leaking is this easy to diagnose? Should I be checking for visible cracks?

Thread Information