Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

STX-R air bubble in oil feed line keeps reappearing.

The main oil injection line that feeds the pump from the tank Keeps getting a large air bubble at the line's high point. I keep bleeding it out from the oil pump via the screw but it comes back within a couple weeks. I believe oil is passing this bubble as it remains at the high point of the line but it makes me nervous. Has anyone seen this before?

re-route the line so the oil tank is the high point

+1
    I noticed the same problem on my STX 1100 DI when I removed the glove box last year to tighten up the orange key switch. There is a huge air bubble in the oil line just after the barb fitting on the tank. Its probably been like that for years. It looks like the oil tank is sitting at an angle with the exit hose at the highest point. The best solution would be to place a shim under the filler neck end of the tank. I'm planning to work on this over the winter months.

Any chance you found a solution or procedure? i keep getting the same, i remove the oil like at the pump and drain it until the air bubble is gone. then hook the machine up to a hose and run with oil pump on max and bleeder open. after two runs the air bubble is back, oil jug is completely full. the design of this oil injection set up sucks.

After bleeding multiple times. Air bubble returns after a run. I put the nose as high as i could cracked the oil cap and let sit for the night. Air bubbles gone and has not returned

+1
    Sounds like you have a leak at one of the hose nipples.

Replace the hose with new, supple hose and secure it with safety wire.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Safety Wire 5.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	288.1 KB 
ID:	369003

All hose is brandnew and no signs of leak. Steve you know how thr set up is on the stx, hard to bleed since the tank isnt the highest point. With how i put the front end of the ski up completely disappeared and hasnt returned. Wish it was a set up like the ultra 150

+1
    I don't remember exactly how it is, but I do remember having to play with the hose position and squeezing the bubble out or something like that.

You may have air getting in where fluid can't get out. (Don't ask me to explain 'cause I don't know).

Ok guys im still having this issue, i upgraded to the 05 tank and what i can see is oil tank is lower then oil line going to the pump. I have an idea how to correct this and just would like some input. I am going to raise the oil tank so it is the highest point in the oil injection system. Im thinking 1-2 inch rubber nealing pad cut to size and placed under the oil tank, just would like some ideas on other material that might be better suited to raise that tank. What do you all think?

+1
    On my STX, the oil tank sits up front, in a recess in the fuel tank and has some neoprene rubber strips under the oil tank. Fill cap is accessed by removing the front storage bucket. On my ZXi it is mounted on top of the electrical box behind the engine.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information