+1

Angry Ultra 250 Super charger belt issue

I have a 2007 ultra 250x. It has 200 hrs on it with 80% of my riding in the ocean around ocean city md
    I ride hard but maintain harder always checking my supercharger belt for adjustment around 20 hours. My last belt only went 15 hrs and snapped. The belt was ripped and the ribs in the belt looked thin and to a point like it was to tight. This is what the belt before looked like before I replaced it that belt had 80hrs on it. The only thing I can see out of the ordinary is the pulley is rusty. The Idler pulley was already replaced. Any help on why my belt keeps snapping all the sudden would be great.

Banned User
    +1

Ultra 250 Super charger belt issue

Pulley if rusty can shred the belt or if the bearing went bad will cause same thing. Bent sc shaft or bad adjustment could cause it as well it's hard with out seeing the craft.

+1
    Thanks man. I'm gonna shoot for a new pulley I had a very
    Reputable mechanic put my first belt on. He recommended a
    New idler pulley and said everything was aligned.
    How about the aftermarket performance pulleys? Any good or
    To hard on the ski?

Banned User
    +1

Ultra 250 Super charger belt issue

Stay stock. It will wear out the sc even quicker and allot more headache. If your going to buy a new pulley just buy a new sc for 500$ more. Because yours is most likely tired anyways and comes with every thing you need pulley Alone is like 550$

Is a new SC around $1500-$1800?
    I brought a Rogue pulley set from Ebay with idler for a around $450 which is a much better quality pulley than stock (OEM size). Also may be worth swapping the coupler/pulley on the end of the crank shaft bit if that is corroded too.

And if if it was me and going the whole hog in replacing that coupler pulley, with 200hrs on the ski you may as well do the through bearing assemble.

Nice to see a 250x with 200+hrs on, I have 70hrs on mine and touch wood has treated me well but always worry I will drop valve, crack a head etc... each time I go out LOL.

+1
    For now I will monitor my s/c belt after each ride. I will consider a new s/c if the problem persists

This ski has been great. Considering all the flat out ocean runs a d riding in the storms and hurricane swells I almost never turn a wrench in the summer time besides regular maintenance Rougher the water the better

@ 200 hours, yes, I would replace the Tensioner Wheel and Pulley (whether rusted or not). Do what this guy does on his post ride maintenance and your Ski will shine like a whistle. Don't be scared off by his Avatar name; it has nothing to do with his Skis! JB

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=138271

+1
    Ya that's great advice for a salt water rider. I do all of that except I keep my cover on the belt. Pretty sure I'll be pulling that off.

Thread Information