Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

RXP-X 260 steering issues?

I remember reading some posts from guys stating that their RXP-X 260's seemed to steer one direction or another even when the handle bars were straight. Just curious if any one having this problem has noticed their ski leaning slightly to one side when floating still in the water with the motor off?

+1
    i think mine is just a tad lower on the left at idle, not bad though maybe 1/4" maybe when the waterbox is full of water from idling for awhile it will lean a little, i wouldnt worry about it unless its drastic

+1
    I just finished the 10 hour break-in period on my 2012 RXP-X 260. The ski is very fast and I am mostly happy but I am having an issue with the steering. I have to turn the bar slightly to the left while at full speed to keep the ski straight. Additionally, when going slow (~20 MPG) the ski will barely turn left but will turn right just fine. The only way to make the ski turn left at slow speed is punch it, which make the ski lean hard left. I think if I adjust the steering to straighten the bars at full speed this help the slow turning as well.

Anybody else have the same problem?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasdjames1 View Post
    I just finished the 10 hour break-in period on my 2012 RXP-X 260. The ski is very fast and I am mostly happy but I am having an issue with the steering. I have to turn the bar slightly to the left while at full speed to keep the ski straight. Additionally, when going slow (~20 MPG) the ski will barely turn left but will turn right just fine. The only way to make the ski turn left at slow speed is punch it, which make the ski lean hard left. I think if I adjust the steering to straighten the bars at full speed this help the slow turning as well.

Anybody else have the same problem?
    Had this issue on my jetboat and the nozzle wasn't getting the full extension to go left. One of the steering cables after the cable splitter was bad and keeping it from extending all the way.

+1
    Mine leans left as well, thats the exhaust manifold side and muffler side, on thing I can attribute it to

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brd-Prey View Post
    Mine leans left as well, thats the exhaust manifold side and muffler side, on thing I can attribute it to
    That would be one shitty reason. Someone needs to measure the angle the bars go to in both directions. They should be even. Then someone needs to measure the cable with the nozzle straight, all the way to the left then all the way to the right. This will tell you what's going on.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brd-Prey View Post
    That would be one shitty reason. Someone needs to measure the angle the bars go to in both directions. They should be even. Then someone needs to measure the cable with the nozzle straight, all the way to the left then all the way to the right. This will tell you what's going on.
    No! I'm just talking about sitting still in the water my ski is lower on the left side then the right.
    as far as steering goes its fine.

+1
    No solutions to this problem? My 14 rxp x 260 is doing the same. . Pulls to the right and leans left bad when two people are on it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolol View Post
    No solutions to this problem? My 14 rxp x 260 is doing the same. . Pulls to the right and leans left bad when two people are on it
    Different. My issue was with the ski being off-balance while floating in the water, turned-off, with no one on it.

+1
    I'm taking it to the local dealer tomorrow. Really depressed I'm having so many issues with the first time ride. . On top of the steering issue my glove box won't stay shut. Any thoughts? And is water supposed to get behind that clear plastic piece on the top?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information