12F oil pressure

at idle oil pressure is 75 psi, when throttle up to 3000 oil pressure pegs 100 psi gauge [ manual gauge ], just got it in and running this morning, dont want to blow an oil filter, all stock oil system and engine internals, no mods on the oil relief valve and valve was'nt stuck at assembly. 2005 stx 12F.

i did and all was good, made sure to ass correctly and clip securely in place, relief valve moved smoothly and did'nt see any scratches in bore.

was concerned that it could blow off/open the oil filter, using the K&N 303 filter and site does'nt list max allowable press, so you would'nt be concerned with 100 psi @ 3000 rpm ? kind of scary what the pressure could be a wot rpm.

thatks for the quick reply, wanted to water test tommorow.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Mine is the same, at idle cold its between 50 and 75, then it warms up and lowers and WOT warm its about 65-70, my gauge is a short sweep electric so its not that precise but its enough to see if something is wrong.

Sean

the gauge im using is a manual unit elcheapo, im really concerned with the 100 psi when warm @ 3000rpm, i expect it will fall some when on the water under power but heck the gauge is pegged, was the reason i posted for a good quaility gauge weeks back, during my performance days in automotive ive had filters blow open and leave one hell of a mess to clean up, just trying to avoid it and the resulting engine damage that can occur, i plan to remove the gauge in the morning so it dont blow, and apparently K&N offers a heavy duty 204 filter which i ordered tonight, will install before water test, oil pressure is higher than expected ill say that.

+1

Re: 12F oil pressure

Honestly its probably not warm enough yet, these motors run really warm.

Sean

anyone reading, looking for a lower pipe if you know where one is, i posted in the classifieds section, looking to find a fresh water pipe if i can, had to patch mine as i just discovered the small hole in water jacket.

+1

Re: 12F oil pressure

Which pipe? The exhaust manifold?

Sean

the lower exhaust pipe with the rings and the brass elbo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lower Exhaust Pipe.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	284958

got 1.5 hrs run time yesterday on k&n 303 filter up to 5k rpm, no issues with oil leaks or pressure, so doesnt seem to be a problem with filter blow out, ski run great, get through breakin and hope same.

Thread Information