Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

STX-12f dash bypass

Sorry - I have seen many discussions about this and in one thread it mentioned bypassing the slo mode from a bad dash mulitifunction meter. So can anyone say for sure how to bypass the bad guage to allow the craft to return to FPO operation?

Does anyone have an answer to this question? I'm having the same problem.

If I remember it was to hold the MODE button for a while until the SLO lights up or FPO lights up

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1

Re: STX-12f dash bypass

He was asking how to remove the non functioning one without it entering slo mode. I'll check later this week.

Sean

stx15f bypassing the slo mode with a faulty gauge

Hi Buddy, I too have the same gauge not working/slo mode problem, a new gauge is 800 dollars ish. I have checked the factory wiring diagram and it shows the speed sensor is wired straight to the gauge ( in ) and there is a speed out from the gauge to the ECU. Would joining these two wires work does anyone know, or worse cause any further damage, any help would be great many thanks steve

Hi Sean, I too have the same gauge not working/slo mode problem, a new gauge is 800 dollars ish. I have checked the factory wiring diagram and it shows the speed sensor is wired straight to the gauge ( in ) and there is a speed out from the gauge to the ECU. Would joining these two wires work does anyone know, or worse cause any further damage, any help would be great many thanks steve

+1
    Completely forgot. I'll do a writeup later, pm me if I forget.

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Completely forgot. I'll do a writeup later, pm me if I forget.

Sean
    I would greatly appreciate a write-up as well as I am going to be purchasing an 06 with a malfunctioning display.

+1
    Got your pm, I'll post some info later today.

Sean

Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead, but did anybody ever find a solution for this?

I found this posted in another thread by meangreenman -
    "Wonder if SLOmode is activated and it's limitting the rpm...
    May want to ground the Yel/Blu wire (that goes to # 4 pin at ECU) to the engine block, and see if the rpm comes up any higher. It wouldn't hurt any, even if that's not the culprit."

The ski in question was a
    06' Kawasaki STX-12F. I'm going to give this a shot and check back tomorrow. Just posting in case anyone stumbles across this thread with the same problem.

This worked. I have no cluster connected and I grounded the YEL/BLU wire. I cut the wires from the cluster (mine was completely corroded) as close to the cluster as possible and
    capped all the other unused wires. I left the plug with the YEL/BLU wire connected. I then extended the YEL/BLU wire back to the engine and connected it onto one of the bolts that holds the throttle cable bracket with a spade connector. Ski runs great.

Hope this helps someone else. I've been searching for a cluster for over 2 years (at a reasonable price) and my old man accidentally purchased the wrong model. I'm going to connect the older cluster (03-04 12F or 05 15F, Part no. 25031-3736). If I remember correctly the speedo, rpm, and gas gauges all worked - just couldn't get out of SLO Mode. I will update again tomorrow when I re-install.

The correct part number for the cluster is 25031-3754 - this should fit 05-12 STX 12F/15F.
    Last edited by ndilo21; 12-25-2015 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Typo and adding info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information