Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

4-tec injested water now water in oil just keep putting new oil in it to flush?

4-tec injested water. Do I just suck out the old oil and put new oil in it and a new filter to flush out the system till the milky oil goes away? Any cleaner I can put in with the oil that will not harm the charger washers that you guys have had luck with? Anything else I need to do besides getting the water out of the cylinders, taking out the intercooler, intake manifold, supercharger, intake piping to get out all of the water?
    Last edited by 800AMSOIL4U; 10-08-2012 at 08:14 PM.

+1
    you need to boil the water out or you can take the motor out and completely drain it with one of the drain plugs in PTO housing. water would always be in there no matter how many times you flush it... in the FSM there is the procedure for boiling the oil, basically you overheat the motor and oil to get rid of the water/moisture, personally i always take the motor out and drain it then pour some gas down the oil fill to flush it all out, since gas will dry up over night if you leave the motor open

+1
    Well the engine is almost out anyway cause I had to pull everything except the pump to get all the water out of the system. I might just pull it then. It has been sitting with fresh water in it for some time now This is the way I purchased it.

+1
    yeah deff pulll it and flush it out, let drain overnight after flush tilt it downward just enough to keep liquids towards the drain hole. or if you wanted to spend $20 on a gasket and some more time just pull the PTO off and do it 100% right....

If it has been sitting with water I would recommend pulling the motor apart to inspect and clean. If it was completely full where air did not get to it, you could be ok. But once it starts to drain and exposed to air you will have some issues, particularly valves and cylinder walls.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 8 is enough View Post
    If it has been sitting with water I would recommend pulling the motor apart to inspect and clean. If it was completely full where air did not get to it, you could be ok. But once it starts to drain and exposed to air you will have some issues, particularly valves and cylinder walls.

The intake valves were closed when I pulled off the intake manifold. The valves did have some water on the top of them. I did spray a bunch of PBBlaster in the cylinders and it has been sitting for a week. Of course I did not crank it over with the spray in there.

+1
    Do you know how long water was in there?
    Was it salt water?

+1
    Fresh water about 4 months

Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    Do you know how long water was in there?
    Was it salt water?

Banned User
    +1
    4 months? thats a looong time for water to be sitting there, fresh or not....

+1
    I know grrrr. Might just have to pull the darn thing all the way down to be 100% Would hate to kill a new RXP-X engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    4 months? thats a looong time for water to be sitting there, fresh or not....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information