Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    255hp speedster 150 intake

    Hi, I searched but only find old threads for other engined speedsters. I would like to know more and maybe see some pictures on air intakes for a speedster 150 with 255hp engine. What filter to use? Allot of posts recommend the Spectre #9735 but its discontinued. Any other part numbers you guys recommend, any setups you can post pictures of? any cold air intake mods? hope I can see some 255's pics! thanks


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tierra Verde, Florida, United States
    Posts
    911
    +1
    17
    Just use 4" kanaflex and a 4" SC adapter http://www.torxracing.com/product_p/torx-126.htm and get whatever filter you want to use something like http://www.ebay.com/itm/K-N-RU-2520-...ories&vxp=mtrd

    and put it anywhere. I ran my up by the gas inlet hose.

    Quote Originally Posted by G.R.B View Post
    Hi, I searched but only find old threads for other engined speedsters. I would like to know more and maybe see some pictures on air intakes for a speedster 150 with 255hp engine. What filter to use? Allot of posts recommend the Spectre #9735 but its discontinued. Any other part numbers you guys recommend, any setups you can post pictures of? any cold air intake mods? hope I can see some 255's pics! thanks

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by joewharton2 View Post
    Just use 4" kanaflex and a 4" SC adapter http://www.torxracing.com/product_p/torx-126.htm and get whatever filter you want to use something like http://www.ebay.com/itm/K-N-RU-2520-...ories&vxp=mtrd

    and put it anywhere. I ran my up by the gas inlet hose.
    So I dont need to use a flame arrestor correct?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tierra Verde, Florida, United States
    Posts
    911
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by G.R.B View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joewharton2 View Post
    So I dont need to use a flame arrestor correct?
    Correct, the boat doesn't really have one now.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by joewharton2 View Post
    Correct, the boat doesn't really have one now.
    Thanks Joe!

  6. #6
    I guess my last doubt is: all the posts where they say they actually feel a big difference from the stock intake are from the 215 and under 4tecs, so Im wondering if the 255 which is like a hot-roded 4tec and already comes with an aftermarket style intake and filter, will it actually make any difference changing the filter or the stock one is basically the same as the aftermarket ones, they look the same. I guess maybe price wise might be a reason..

  7. #7
    TheElite0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    383
    +1
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by G.R.B View Post
    I guess my last doubt is: all the posts where they say they actually feel a big difference from the stock intake are from the 215 and under 4tecs, so Im wondering if the 255 which is like a hot-roded 4tec and already comes with an aftermarket style intake and filter, will it actually make any difference changing the filter or the stock one is basically the same as the aftermarket ones, they look the same. I guess maybe price wise might be a reason..
    I built a 4" intake for my Challenger 180 255hp and gained 250-300rpm from it. Remember when you use a custom intake you either need to weld in a bung for the oil blow by or buy/make a catch can.

  8. #8
    Some times the catch can isn't all its cracked up to be, By having the oil go back into the air intake it also lubes the throttle body shaft and keeps it from sticking, its maybe better to not use 1, it would suck to have the throttle shaft stick because is not getting lubed.

  9. #9
    Just installed a 4 inch kanaflex setup on my 06 sportster 4tech 215hp. Came out bitchin.

    Use a 3/4 Thru-hull fitting for the engine breather

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/261166504110?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1439.l2649

    cut out a hole in the kanaflex in the proper spot that the stock engine breather tube would reach, inserted it, put a good amount of black RTV on the outisde around the threads and threaded the nut on, sealed tighter than a frogs butt. Personally i like the little bit of oil vapors going through the intake, keeps the super charger all the inner cooler, throttle boddies, and valves misted with a lil oil, think of it as a constant fogging, yeah i might be down a hp or two from the hot oil air... but honestly the benefits outweigh the cons.

    As far as a filter i went with a spectre 8136 4 inch filter.... http://www.amazon.com/Spectre-Perfor...spectre+4+inch

    make sure to add a small "filler item" to get free shipping... use this to do so http://www.filleritem.com/

    And if you want me to take some pictures of my setup, just let me know and ill snap a coupla pics!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Air Intake replacement Speedster 150 2007
    By shawkat in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 02:00 PM
  2. 2011 sea doo speedster 150 255hp solas prop
    By recc in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 01:02 PM
  3. '07 Speedster 150 4" Air Intake
    By VX1 in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 09:08 AM
  4. 2011 sea doo speedster 150 255hp
    By recc in forum Sea Doo Build Threads
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 01:19 PM
  5. Custom cold air intake for a Speedster 150
    By VX1 in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 01:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •