Thread: Fogging Oil

+1

Fogging Oil

Hey guys, I'm about to winterize my ski. I know about removing the plugs and spraying the fogging oil into the cylinders, should I also spray fogging oil into the SC inlet ? Didn't know if you guys fogged the SC also ? I was gonna run some antifreeze thru my coolant system but was advised that's not needed with my 09 ski as long as I get most of the water out.

+1
    I just fogged mine through SC inlet last night until engine stumbled then I quit and am done. I think more than sufficient. I took a plug out but really really concerned about dropping spray straw down there which could happen quite easily and then you will have to pull head which is very expensive and not covered so be wary. I used Stabil spray worked well.

Let us know what you did and how it turned out.

+1
    I spray Yamaha brand fogging oil in the breather hose that connects to the air intake. This is how the service manual says to do it.

The poster above me is 100% right about dropping that stray in the engine. Dont even use the straw, it shoots off very easily.

yup no straw needed. Breather hose and also down the cylinders. Prior flush with plumbing antifreeze. We get down to -40c at times.

+1
    I think the very coldest we see on average is like 15* F, so I'm not so worried about the antifreeze thing.

over the years ive gotton to where i just slightly fog a engine that has a super dry hull inside and stored in doors! no one fogs motorcycles at all! if the hull has dampness or hso inside i pour the fogging oil to it! if i removed the waterbox i dint think i would fog at all because the box holds some h2o and its moisture feeds rite to the exaust and vales/pistons

Thread Information