Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hi i getting horrible gas milage on 260x need help to increase

Hi i went ridind in the florida keys this past weekend and went through 2 full tanks (200+ dollars). We rode 110 miles which is alot but my friends spent half of the fuel that i spent and went the same speed. Thier skis are modified and mines is stock. This was my first time going for a long ride since we bought it i only rode in a local lake to trouble shoot it and changed the plugs because it had a small miss.

The reason why i think i was consuming so much fuel is because i was wot most of the time while my friends wer cruising at 60mph.
    I was thinking changing the prop to give me some more top speed so i dont have to be wide open to keep up. And an intake to breath better and exhaust. Mind u guys i am happy with the power just very unhappy with the fuel consumption.

Guys please help i would greatly appreciate it

260x bone stock 55 hours just got it

+1
    I think you answered your own question, of course at WOT your going to waste more fuel

+1
    There is no such thing as good gas mileage on a jetski. The more you hold it WOT the more fuel you will burn & a impeller change is not gonna change anything.

My stock 2009 260x got 3 MPG at WOT. At half throttle I could get about 3.5 MPG. There is no way around this, other than to trade it / sell it and get a Normally Aspirated Ski . . . . an NA Ski will get much better mileage. JB

+1
    i think you should have researched yur skis a little better you brought a beast that loves its fuel specially at wot

And I would just leave your Ski Bone Stock. The stock prop is pretty good. You can wind up spending ALOT of money and will only get a small performance gain. I don't think you said what year model this was. But if it is a 2009, I would upgrade the Pump to 2011 300x Specs. This is relatively cheap to do and will prevent Pump Bearing failures later on. JB

Ok I guess I'm selling it then, how come my friends get better mialage than me? One Guy in the group has a 2010 Turbo Yamaha SHO that's kicking 400+ horsepower and he still used half the fuel I did, I was the laughing stock of the group, I already went through the effort of buying and I love everything about it just hate the consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by liljosemiami View Post
    Ok I guess I'm selling it then, how come my friends get better mialage than me? One Guy in the group has a 2010 Turbo Yamaha SHO that's kicking 400+ horsepower and he still used half the fuel I did, I was the laughing stock of the group, I already went through the effort of buying and I love everything about it just hate the consumption.
    That's a pretty "cold group" if they are laughing at you because of your fuel consumption. And I don't think I would call a 400+ HP Yamaha SHO a "Prius" either when it comes to fuel consumption!!! JB

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1

Re: Hi i getting horrible gas milage on 260x need help to increase

The nice thing about a turbo though is once you roll back the turbo you can stay out of boost, on a big roots blower the boost is always there.

Sean

+1
    If he's going half throttle at 60 and you are going full throttle at 60, he is going to get better gas mileage. That's one upside to modding that is often overlooked.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information