Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hi i think i have a problem with my gph please help need advice

hi i went ridind in the florida keys this past weekend and went through 2 full tanks (200+ dollars). We rode 110 miles which is alot but my friends spent half of the fuel that i spent and went the same speed. Thier skis are modified and mines is stock. This was my first time going for a long ride since we bought it i only rode in a local lake to trouble shoot it and changed the plugs because it had a small miss.

The reason why i think i was consuming so much fuel is because i was wot most of the time while my friends wer cruising at 60mph.
    I was thinking changing the prop to give me some more top speed so i dont have to be wide open to keep up. And an intake to breath better and exhaust. Mind u guys i am happy with the power just very unhappy with the fuel consumption and i thinck the mods will help.

Guys please help i would greatly appreciate it

260x bone stock 55 hours just got it

+1
    if you are wot the ski will use lots of fuel

If I get some mods will it help, or maybe a bigger prop? Its just that's the speed my friends ride in and I hate spending that money on the pump, I rather spend it on mods and get my money back.

+1
    turbo fzr waz but then again that could just mean s/c as we know some strange guys call them that lol if it was a turbo any wonder he has guzzled fuel trying to keep up!!

Well 1 Guy has a sea doo and he pulled he's blower out and put a Turbo in there and the Guy with the sho did the same now that I think about I was the only blower ski in the group, there was another sea doo I don't remember the model it was a 3 cylinder sea doo non Turbo or blower with plenty of mods because he's only a little faster all around. The Turbo bikes were way way faster than me, but those guys have money and live working on those things, I'm not interested in the speed I just want to get better fuel consumption at 60mph.

I thinck twice the amount of fuel consumption than the rest of the crowd is to much for me.

+1
    your biggest mistake is comparing a stock ski to your mates highly modded ones

Banned User
    +1

Hi i think i have a problem with my gph please help need advice

Turbos get wayyyyyyg better mpg. And the roots style blower is always on for the most part on our skis unlike the the Seeemonkey and yams gear drive. Turbo./sc it's just how it is. But another ski if you want better mpg.

Ok I'm selling this one and buying me a Yamaha Ho and putting a Turbo, the best I can think of ill make my money back in a about a year with the fuel savings, I plan to ride everyweek if possible. If I save 50 a weekend by 52 in a year that's 2600. And ill be pushing way more power

+1
    good luck in installing a turbo for $2600, not to mention then having an unreliable ski that always needs attention..

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information