What impellers for speedster 200 with X-chargers

Alright guys I just finished my first season with my speedster 2007 200. I made the move from and RXP-X to the boat and really had a blast in the boat. Stock in really cool weather I was able to gps it at 64.2 mph at right around 8000 rpm which i was pretty happy with but more is always better

The boat has just over 100 hours on it now so I have 2 new X chargers that I am going to install this winter with 42 lb injectors and 4 in intakes. My question is does anyone know where to start with impellers. I am considering just sending the stock ones to speed freaks to have them tweak them. However I also have the stock impeller from my 08 rxp-x and was considering finding another one and installing those. Let me know what you guys think would be the best way to go about this and I understand there will most likely be some fine tunning to do no matter what option I go with. I also have even considered buying new 15/20 r impellers but i'd like to save some money if I can. Thanks

+1
    15/20r would be way to tall for those motors.

I know its an apples to oranges comparisions but I did the same upgrade to my speedster 150. With only a 4" intake I was at 8080rpm on the stock prop. When I added the x-charger I was hard on the rev 8160 limiter at maybe 3/4-7/8 throttle... So i can only assume if I didn't have a rev limiter this combo would be around 8350-8400rpm. By swapping props from stock to an out of the box 15/20r I went from hard on the rev limiter to 7600rpm.

I don't know if you have the same props as the S150 boats but on my setup it was almost a ~700rpm drop.

I played around with repitching the 15/20r and the stock prop and the best speed I got was from a tweaked stock prop. Speedster 200's are pretty uncommon/rare and the amount of people who mod them is even smaller. Unfortunately, like me, I think you're going to have to a bit of a pioneer on this one.

Another thought of is instead of trying to repitch the props to bring you back down to 8000rpm... maybe think about getting a Vtech and upping your rev limiter to 8350.

+1
    Got the same mods to my 06 S200 Speedster. (x supercharger, 4" air and 42 injectors)

I was in contact with Solas about which impeller to use with my mods, they suggested to go with the 15/20 so that's what I did.
    Can't say if the stock would have worked or not as they never went back on after mods, but it pull right up to rev limit with the Solas.
    Right motor is a little lower, say 150 rpm's lower, never figured out why, never had them pitched either.
    GPS speed was 67.1 with kid in front, full tank of gas early spring.

Thanks for the responses guys

Speedjunky so you just used untouched 15/20r impellers and it is able to turn them around 8000 rpm. If you don't mind me asking what elevation and conditions do you run in?

EliteOne: Isnt the rev limiters 8200 on these engines? I may look into bumping the rev limiters up however I don't want to get into valve train upgrades. Like you said I am going into this knowing not alot of people mess with boats so I am sure there will need to be some fine tunning on my end. I feel with the proper set-up and a little bit of work on the hull 70 mph is possiable in good conditions.

+1
    That's 15/20 no (r) so not even checked over, since I bought them on Ebay and not through Riva.
    Actually, one was able to run at 8000 and the other more like 7850.

I'm running at 540' elevation on fresh water lakes up in Canada, so water might be colder than where your riding.

I might send my impellers to Eric at Speedfreeks, to get them dialed in during the winter, but I have a new mod project going on (2010 rxt-x) and it get's expensive, more so on a boat with 2 of everything!
    I'll see when the boat get's back from fixing osmosis it developed.

+1
    My S150 was an 07 and a buddy of mine had an '08 with the same mods and both boats were limited to 8160rpm.

I've never rode in a S200 before so I'm not sure if they have identical ECU's. The general consensus is that you don't have to mess with the stock valve train if you stay under 8350... But just as added insurance you can get the SuperTech valvetrain upgrade kit for under $300 per motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedjunky64 View Post
    That's 15/20 no (r) so not even checked over, since I bought them on Ebay and not through Riva.
    Actually, one was able to run at 8000 and the other more like 7850.

I'm running at 540' elevation on fresh water lakes up in Canada, so water might be colder than where your riding.

I might send my impellers to Eric at Speedfreeks, to get them dialed in during the winter, but I have a new mod project going on (2010 rxt-x) and it get's expensive, more so on a boat with 2 of everything!
    I'll see when the boat get's back from fixing osmosis it developed.

Thread Information