Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

2012 FX HO Mods?

My GF is looking at buying a ski early next year. I've been pushing her towards the FX SHO or RXTs, but she doesn't want to mess with the superchargers. I guess she has seen me working on them one too many times over the years Based on that, right now she is looking at the FX HO as a cruising ski.

I was wondering, what this ski does stock and if there are any owners out there that have tried adding some mods to it. I'm familiar with the 1.8L HO engine, but was more interested in grates and ride plates for this thing. Does it even need a grate? Are there any ride plates that add speed without making the overall ride too squirrelly? What sort of top speeds can this thing be made to do?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    My GF is looking at buying a ski early next year. I've been pushing her towards the FX SHO or RXTs, but she doesn't want to mess with the superchargers. I guess she has seen me working on them one too many times over the years Based on that, right now she is looking at the FX HO as a cruising ski.

I was wondering, what this ski does stock and if there are any owners out there that have tried adding some mods to it. I'm familiar with the 1.8L HO engine, but was more interested in grates and ride plates for this thing. Does it even need a grate? Are there any ride plates that add speed without making the overall ride too squirrelly? What sort of top speeds can this thing be made to do?
    Mine does 60 mph on GPS with the wife and I on it with over 1/2 tank. The ski only has 6 hours on though. I don't think there are any grates or plates out yet for the 2012 FX-HO/SHO. Go check one out. The rideplate may give some speed with modding. On the reviews they were claiming 62-63 mph, but haven't seen that yet. Maybe air intake mods will help. I just don't see this ski going over 65 mph unless you do some serious mods. It is a great handling and riding ski this is coming from a guy with a 90+ mph GPRXP and a 85+ 08 RXPX. Its great at what its intended purpose is cruising, decent gas mileage, storage, comfort, etc.

+1
    Thanks for the info. So maybe 62 MPH with one person?

Thanks for the info. So maybe 62 MPH with one person?
    maybe 62mph on empty with cool weather low humidity.im pretty sure there isnt anything out yet but its only a matter of time because the HO and the SHO use the same hull and there is demand.if your in a hurry though im sure a diy intake exhaust ribbon delete and plate modded by jim would be enough to keep the wife happy probably 65ish.

+1
    Air mods and a different prop are a given on any ski I work on

+1
    Gain another .6 mph with 8 hours on ski. My speeds are against a slight river current, riding double up, over 1/2 tank, two coolers. Maybe it will do 62 mph when fully broken in double up. Pretty sure it will do 65 mph @ 1/2 tank with rideplate mod and air mods.

+1
    About 10 hours on FX-HO now. Ran a 64.1 mph on GPS, 1/2 tank fuel, bars lowest postition, superman. I bet this thing will do 66-67 mph with a few planned mods on a good day. Had a chance today to run the twistes with the ski it handles great, but I could always use more power.

Jarrett, with the speeds you are used to I would go with the SHO version of this Ski. I get "67 and change" on my 2012 FX SHO. 60 mph, or anything in the low 60's is going to feel slow on this Hull!

This Hull does not needs plates, grates etc. It's a 140 inch Hull; the amenities are already built in. JB

+1
    I ran with with a friend last weekend and his SHO was running 66.7 MPH. My GF is getting used to my 70+ MPH VXS's. Putting her on a 62 MPH ski might not bet the best choice for her. We shall see. JP1300R, thanks for the info. Let me know how you ski increases with hours and mods.

+1
    I ran with with a friend last weekend and his SHO was running 66.7 MPH. My GF is getting used to my 70+ MPH VXS's. Putting her on a 62 MPH ski might not bet the best choice for her. We shall see. JP1300R, thanks for the info. Let me know how you ski increases with hours and mods.
    Get a SHO, keep it stock or pretty stock. I doubt you will have any problems with the SCer. I bought the HO because all I really wanted out of my second ski was a great two-up cruiser.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information