This Saturday October 13th I am hosting the Fishing Tidewater radio show on WHKT AM 1650 Don Lancaster and his wife are going to a 50th class reunion and he asked me to fill in for him.

I am fortunate to have on as guests Beth and Kevin Synowiec. They go by the handle "Classicrockfish"

The show is on from 7-9 am, anyone is welcome to call with fishing reports, stories or questions. The radios call in number is 757-465-6700.

I have known Beth and Kevin for a couple of years, they are both very enthusiastic anglers so it should be a fun two hours.

Here is some information on the Synowiecs

7 Years ago, Beth Synowiec was first recognized in the fishing community under her boat name Classicrockfish, when she began to write about her fishing journeys on the water for various fishing forums. Beth a.k.a. Classicrockfish brings a passion to this sport that has been viewed by many as contagious. Beth along with her husband Kevin Synowiec have given various seminars at fishing clubs on species such as sheepshead and tautog. They have fished for almost every species in the bay & they have helped many anglers who wish to learn their different methods that they use to catch fish .

Beth has been awarded :

the VBAC top female angler 4 years in row

Expert angler for the state of Virginia last 2 years in a row.

Angler of the year AND top female angler of the year for NAC in 2010

Release angler of the year for the NAC and the VBAC in 2011

Her husband Kevin Synowiec was awarded Release Angler of the year for VBAC in 2011 and currently holds a seat on the VBAC board.

** two really neat accomplishments that Beth has done

*2010, Beth landed 12 citations in 8 different species. As a direct result of this, The NAC board voted and removed the separate “female angler category” from the club. The separate category no longer exists.

*2012, Beth is currently the first woman in the state of Virginia to be appointed a seat on the VMRC’s Finfish Management Advisory Committee