x4 electric bilge

does anyone have idea where how mount bigle pump in x4 hull? other then gluing to hull and having it break while riding. im rough on things
    pics would be nice
    thanks

+1
    i epoxied the bottom removable part of my 1100gph auto pump run to a 3 way switch (auto, on, off) in my 96xp, i'd like to think i ride very hard, and i haven't broken it off yet. I have the larger diameter exit hose which helps it hold in position as well exiting out the rear of the ski below the seat with a check valve. Last time out i ripped teh front bumper off on a nasty wave, felt like i got punched in the throat, still there still unbroken sound like how you ride? Mine is a rule 1100 no float switch. Good luck.

Scott

What part of hull did you locate the pump. I was thinking in front of engine between gas tank or mount in same position where on of the siphon pump strainers are? That was my primary question? Thanks for the help!

+1
    I would place it in the rear. Most of the time that you'll ride, the nose will be up. So the water will go to the back.I will epoxy the bottom part and for extra insurance. I will strap the pump itself so incase it will loose from the bottom part, it will not be bouncing around in the hull.

+1
    Bilges are good but you need these to keep your hull dry ALL the time. They are from 2006+ seadoo's ,they suck up just about every last drop off water because they are mounted at the rear where the water is pushed back all the time.
    Bilges are good for getting water out quickly if its been submerged where as these work with out turning anything on/off.
    You just need to enlarge the rear drain plug holes a little.

But you must make sure the siphon tubes are in and the hoses are up above the water line or it will reverse fill the hull
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drain plugs.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	286484   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Syphon tubes.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	286485  

i have filled it up to the carbs with water a couple of times. seat and hood dont seal that well tried to put some foam tape around seal surface but still lets water in. main due from "freestyle type of riding". i wanted to put electric bilge in to get alot of water out at once. my roommate has 08 rxt i have seem that sytle drain plug. just install those in rear of hull like on rxt and is their something i should know? remove and plug hole where oe drain plug is?

i have notice that the stock siphon bigle suck too.

anyways the whole ski is getting torn apart this winter for figerglass (prevoius owner) repair and clean and repait all engine parts.

thanks

Thread Information