Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Questions about 2011 RXT-X as 260 RS

Hello guys,

I just sold my 2009 GTX 215 and I'm considering of buying a used 2011 RXT-X as 260 RS next week. Is it necessary to remove the top deck to reach the supercharger for a rebuild?
    I read in the manual that the SC needs a rebuild after 1 year or 100h, some guys from the forum wrote that Sea Doo extended the run time even to 200h. The ski I want to buy has a total run time of 42 hours and I'm afraid the jet tells me soon that it's time to rebuild the SC... Here in Germany the rebuild for my GTX's SC was already 1.200$, that's why I'm a bit worried.
    Any experiences of the 2011 RXT-X as SC rebuild around here?

Another question is about the performance of the ski. Due to a speed limit of 15mp/h around here this is not the important point, but will it accelerate faster than my last GTX 215 did?
    How about the handling, does the RXT-X as feel much more heavy than the RXT-GTX 215?
    I spend hours on the internet, but sadly I couldn't find answers to my questions.

Kind regards,

Hendrik

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HSCOOL View Post
    Hello guys,

I just sold my 2009 GTX 215 and I'm considering of buying a used 2011 RXT-X as 260 RS next week. Is it necessary to remove the top deck to reach the supercharger for a rebuild?
    I read in the manual that the SC needs a rebuild after 1 year or 100h, some guys from the forum wrote that Sea Doo extended the run time even to 200h. The ski I want to buy has a total run time of 42 hours and I'm afraid the jet tells me soon that it's time to rebuild the SC... Here in Germany the rebuild for my GTX's SC was already 1.200$, that's why I'm a bit worried.
    Any experiences of the 2011 RXT-X as SC rebuild around here?

Another question is about the performance of the ski. Due to a speed limit of 15mp/h around here this is not the important point, but will it accelerate faster than my last GTX 215 did?
    How about the handling, does the RXT-X as feel much more heavy than the RXT-GTX 215?
    I spend hours on the internet, but sadly I couldn't find answers to my questions.

Kind regards,

Hendrik
    Yes you will need to remove the top deck of the ski to access the supecharger. It is a suspension model. As for acceleration it will be heaps faster then your 215. The 260 models have a bigger supercharger and a external intercooler. The handling of the ski is amazing. It carves the water really well. It feels like a smaller craft, amazingly. This is due to the S3 hull.

+1
    No, you wont have to remove the top deck.....You will have to move it up and forward and you can access the SC from the back of the ski, but no the top deck does NOT have to come off

4. +1 by:

+1
    My mistake I though as and is we're the same

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    No, you wont have to remove the top deck.....You will have to move it up and forward and you can access the SC from the back of the ski, but no the top deck does NOT have to come off
    Hey Tiny. Dont mean to get off topic but could you explain more on how to do this or shoot me a PM? I want to poke around the inside of my Rxt-x as but havent done it because I figured I had to remove everything.

Banned User
    +1
    You can get 'some' access by forcing the suspension all the way to the top, then removing the 8 bolts holding the rear hinge to the hull, then removing the 4mm allen socket heads around the engine cowling... you can get access to most things that way, but if you're planning on doing a bit more than just a sticky beak, then you might aswell remove it.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks a lot guys! Glad to hear, that it is not necessary to remove the top!
    @ Rex: Did you try the RXT-X 260 too? Is the difference with regard to perfomance big to the RXT-X as 260?

One last question. Does the ski show me how many hours are left until I have to rebuild the supercharger?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HSCOOL View Post
    Thanks a lot guys! Glad to hear, that it is not necessary to remove the top!
    @ Rex: Did you try the RXT-X 260 too? Is the difference with regard to perfomance big to the RXT-X as 260?

One last question. Does the ski show me how many hours are left until I have to rebuild the supercharger?
    Nope I did not try out the RXT-X 260. I think performance wise they are going to be pretty close. The plain RXT-X without the suspension is most likely going to feel more nimble and handle slightly better, but not by much. The ski does tell you have many hours are on the ski but I do not believe it will tell you when you need to have the supercharger rebuilt. I believe this is usually around the 100 hour mark.

I choose the aS because I plan on doing a good bit of ocean riding and maybe taking it from Florida over to the Bahamas. This is where I think the suspension model will shine.

+1
    According to the operators guide it will tell you when you have to rebuild the supercharger.
    And I'm wondering about the range. 100h in best case, 40 in worst case or what?

I don't think I need the as, because the lakes around here are quite small and there are no waves. Just if a huge boat crosses your way. But the offer of the as is quite good.
    I hope I can find next week some time to pick up the ski

Click to enlarge.

+1
    Ah cool. Maybe one of the RXTX gurus will jump in and give their recommendation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information