2002 Polaris TXi turnover but no start issue.

First time user of this or any forum. Was wondering if anyone could help me out. I think I did everything I can and before I send my EMM out for repair, just want to check to see if anyone has any suggestions and if I missed anything. So heres what is going on. Last time I took my jet ski out on the water it was hesitating a little when you gave it throttle. But then it would take off and run fine until you left off the throttle and then punched it again. Took ski off the water got it home. Went to check to see what was going on and now it would not start. No fuel pressure or Spark. I check the ski based on checks from the manual. Fuel Pressure is good when I manually run the pump. No Fuel Pressure when Cranking over. Compression on all three cylinders average is 135 psi. Stator ohms good, Voltage Good while cranking and not grounded. CPS was at 120 ohms, Below recommend max of 200 ohms, when I did pull the CPS is had very little build up of metal filings on the magnet Again Very little. Check TDC of Mag and Flywheel position from the CPS hole and it was were it was suppose to be. Air Temp though a little damaged check out, Water Temp sensor Also Check out. All the injectors ohm out good, all the coils primary and secondary sides ohm out good. All connections where good. By passed Start Stop module and still did not start. Bypassed MFI and Still did not start. Check Continuity of the start stop and kill switches they check out fine. Check out battery while cracking and it checks out fine. I do not have software to check out the TPS but I hook a 5vdc power Source and move the Throttle and voltage increases and Decreases. Zero Throttle .524 vdc, 1/2 Throttle 1.948 vdc and Full Throttle 4.081 vdc. Now the Manual say it should be APPROX .350 vdc at Zero Throttle and 4.70 vdc at 85% Throttle. Now I know my readings are a little off but they still increase and decrease based on throttle movement. Would this be enough for my ski not to start? Also the only other thing I noticed was the Voltage on the injector power, White/red wire was only 5.1 vdc while cranking, The manual says it should be at least battery voltage while cranking. Based on my testing I believe the Rectifier in the EMM is my issue. Does anyone else have any thought or Ideas? Thanks. Also if it is my rectifier what is the best action to get it fixes. Thanks again.

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome toto The Hulk!

Sounds like you have tried everything. The injector voltage shoulde be at least battery voltage as youu stated. EMM is damaged. Hopefully dfi can repair it.

Not that this will make a difference, but will it start and run if you prime it with a bit of fuel?

At first Yes, But now no. I also do not have spark.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Big U View Post
    ... before I send my EMM out for repair, just want to check to see if anyone has any suggestions and if I missed anything.

So heres what is going on. Last time I took my jet ski out on the water it was hesitating a little when you gave it throttle. But then it would take off and run fine until you left off the throttle and then punched it again. Took ski off the water got it home. Went to check to see what was going on and now it would not start. No fuel pressure or Spark.

I check the ski based on checks from the manual. Fuel Pressure is good when I manually run the pump. No Fuel Pressure when Cranking over. Compression on all three cylinders average is 135 psi.

Stator ohms good, Voltage Good while cranking and not grounded. CPS was at 120 ohms, Below recommend max of 200 ohms, when I did pull the CPS is had very little build up of metal filings on the magnet Again Very little. Check TDC of Mag and Flywheel position from the CPS hole and it was were it was suppose to be.

Air Temp though a little damaged check out, Water Temp sensor Also Check out. All the injectors ohm out good, all the coils primary and secondary sides ohm out good. All connections where good.

By passed Start Stop module and still did not start. Bypassed MFI and Still did not start.

Check Continuity of the start stop and kill switches they check out fine. Check out battery while cracking and it checks out fine. I do not have software to check out the TPS but I hook a 5vdc power Source and move the Throttle and voltage increases and Decreases. Zero Throttle .524 vdc, 1/2 Throttle 1.948 vdc and Full Throttle 4.081 vdc. Now the Manual say it should be APPROX .350 vdc at Zero Throttle and 4.70 vdc at 85% Throttle. Now I know my readings are a little off but they still increase and decrease based on throttle movement. Would this be enough for my ski not to start?

Also the only other thing I noticed was the Voltage on the injector power, White/red wire was only 5.1 vdc while cranking, The manual says it should be at least battery voltage while cranking. Based on my testing I believe the Rectifier in the EMM is my issue. Does anyone else have any thought or Ideas? Thanks. Also if it is my rectifier what is the best action to get it fixes. Thanks again.
    White/Red injector wire voltage must be OVER 20 volts (with all injectors plugged in) while cranking or Ficht injectors will not actually inject any fuel.

No spark and no injector voltage tells me that the EMM has failed. Especially with the LR Start/Stop module bypassed (assuming the bypass was done correctly).

As far as I know DFI Technologies is the only shop that actually repairs these Ficht EMM.

Thread Information