Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

fx sho reflashes

does anybody know if any of the reflashes available for the fx sho are un-traceable by the dealerships ? assuming i get a spare tuned ecu and swap it out with the stock one whenever i take it in for service or if lets say i went in with my tuned one.ive heard that the hours on the dash wont match the ecu and that the rpms over the stock rev limiter will be recorded some how ? isnt it the ecu itself that records the hours and rpms youve spent the hours in ? im interested in something along the lines of an r3 or a vtech 3 id just like some more information before getting into it because i know dealers are stick about reflashing.thanks guys

+1
    Good thread like to know +1

+1
    I have been told that there is a "logger" (logs rpm, temps, oil, etc) built into the dash electronics. If you replace the ECU it will still record data experienced with the reflashed ECU which of course means higher RPM. So swapping them out will do you no good hiding from the dealer for warranty purposes. All you can do to keep you ski in warranty unless you have a ridiculously generous dealer is level one bolt on mods and Riva for that matter. See what others have to say but that is what my research and discussion with my dealer concluded.

im 99% sure no dealer will not warranty a ski with a flash tune.if what your saying is true there is likely only two solutions to disconnect the logger in the dash with the new flash and connect it once its back on the stock ecu and goes in for service or install a different set of dash electronics with the flash and the old dash electronics with the stock ecu.id really like to know if this can be disconnected so everything can be undetectable when i take this thing in for service as already had one clutch failure.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Best thing to do is talk to your Dealer and see what they are cool with.....If not you are just being dishonest....take that for what its worth....

way i view it if the ski breaks its both in mine and the dealer best interest to do the repair with them but if i do something to force them to mark the ski as out of warranty we are both stuck.which is why i want to make the flash completely reversible before following through.i have 4 years left on the warranty and i dont want to keep this thing stock in fear of voiding warranty while everyone else enjoys there modded ski.anyway from the yamaha diagrams of the ski the only thing that can record the rpm and hours is the actual instrument cluster itself which is good news but unfortuantely simply unhooking it wont let you view the fuel level which isnt going to fly for me.

http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts...L+3/parts.html
    Last edited by FXSlowKroozer; 10-15-2012 at 04:24 PM.

+1
    Advice given by Aquaholic is a good one. I too have a 5 year warranty and will need it because at the pace I'm going my ski will have nearly 1,000 hours by the end of that time. You have to weigh what is more important the warranty or keeping up with the modded guys. If the later then why'd you buy the warranty? No matter. Good luck.

+1
    Keep in mind, you have to repitch your prop to take advantage of a reflash, otherwise, you won't notice any difference. For example, I put a reflashed ECU on my ski at 21 hours. Since I didn't repitch my prop immediately, my ski never passed the stock rev limit until 62 hours. Had I taken my ski into the shop anytime between then, there would have been no RPM evidence that the stock rev limiter was any different.

After repitching, IF the dealer ran an RPM history, they would not be able to tell that you had a reflash unless they looked really closely at the peak RPMs AND saw they were over the stock rev limiter for that model AND knew off the top of their heads what the rev limiter is for that specific model. My dealer can't even tell me what oil filter my ski takes without a 30 minute database search.

+1
    If you are not willing to pay to fix a ski why mod it? The reality is if you flash the ECU you simply should not expect Yamaha to fix it (assuming they are related failures) and if they are not than Yamaha will warranty it.

+1
    All the Riva dealerships around me said they will do all warranty work as long as we stay away from internals and the ECU. I have a full stage 2 ski (E1 wheel, powercooler, boost clamp, FPR, etc) and my ski is completely covered with my warranty and this is confirmed by all dealerships I have talked to. When my warranty is over in 2015 I will reflash. It's not so bad though..in the meantime I'm running 77.9 mph with everything under warranty!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information