Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Modded Speedster 200 Quick top speed test before putting away for the winter

Took the boat out for a quick top end run before putting away for the winter

specs are x chargers vtech tunes (8350rpm ) 15/20 solas props 50 pound injectors water to air intercoolers
    Water was real choppy not a good day for top end runs but figured I was running out of warm weather so it was today or nothing . Clocked at 70mph using a garmin nuvi GPS in medium to high chop with 3/4 tank of fuel with two guys over 200 plus pounds

Would just like thank Jerry for all his advice and awesome customer service and fizzle For his help also
    here is the link hope it works

+1
    Guess I need to get those props for the one I built....Hows your cavitation??? The one I built spins like crazy on the bottom end!!!!! But then again, the customer wont give me the boat back in the winter time when I have time to play with it to get the props right either...He calls me the day or so before he goes out all the time and says hey, we need to work on these props....LOL!!!!!

+1
    I spin out of the hole pretty bad but I relate that to the increased horse power , I have to feather the throttle for a few seconds until its moving but then it pulls real hard after that right up to top end. I can only go a little past 3/4 throttle because after that it pulls itself out of the water and starts bouncing real bad

+1
    Yup, you have the exact same problems that I had with the one I built....It was a fun build, but I would do it only again on a challenger not the Speedster....I am convinced that hull is for flat glass water only...

+1
    Yup I think the boat defenatly needs some type of trim system or intake grate system. The dam thing jumps itself out of water at full throttle so it needs something to keep it hooked in the water. Maybe that will be my project for next year.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinstang View Post
    Yup I think the boat defenatly needs some type of trim system or intake grate system. The dam thing jumps itself out of water at full throttle so it needs something to keep it hooked in the water. Maybe that will be my project for next year.
    Good luck...Let me know what you come up with....

+1
    What RPM are you turning those 15/20's?

+1
    Dont worry about letting me know what you come up with for a trim system....My customer called me tonight and said he wants to sell the boat.....

+1
    Lol...im not sure what I will come up with just yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Dont worry about letting me know what you come up with for a trim system....My customer called me tonight and said he wants to sell the boat.....

+1
    Not quite sure the exact rpm because there analog gauges and they stop at 8000 rpm but the passenger side is past 8000rpm and the driver side is about 150 rpm under 8000
    Quote Originally Posted by TheElite0ne View Post
    What RPM are you turning those 15/20's?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information