Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Cool GoFast Graphics of Guntersville, AL is now Hydrodipping parts for all watercraft!

Introducing GoFast Graphics, the newest GH member service! Myself and Phillip Rush (GoFastGuru) are ready to hydrodip parts for your watercraft (or car, motorcycle, rifle, anything) to give it that unique look you are looking for.

While I'm announcing our service on all the individual manufacturer threads, I'd like to keep most of the display of our work and the discussion of the water transfer printing process on a single thread (this one). Hopefully everyone will be able to find their way here and get all the info they need in one place.

"Hydrographics or HydroGraphics, also known as immersion printing, water transfer printing, water transfer imaging, cubic printing, or hydro dipping, is a method of applying printed designs to three-dimensional objects. The hydrographic process can be used on metal, plastic, glass, hard woods, and various other materials. In the process, the substrate piece to be printed is pre-treated and a base coat material is applied. A polyvinyl alcohol film is gravure-printed with the graphic image to be transferred, and is then floated on the surface of a vat of water. An activator chemical is sprayed on the film to dissolve it into a liquid and activate a bonding agent. The piece is then lowered into the vat, through the floating ink layer, which wraps around and adheres to it. After removing the piece from the water, a top coat is applied to protect the design. With multiple dippings, hydrographics printing can achieve full 360° coverage of the part surface, including small crevices." - Wikipedia

That's the technical description. What it means is that we float just the ink pattern on water in a special tank, then dip the part in the floating film pattern in a certain way to cover the entire surface with the pattern. After that, we clean it and clear coat it.

There are over 1,000 patterns to chose from and the list of patterns is growing every day. You chose what pattern you want, we order the pattern if we don't have it in stock while you send the part or parts to be dipped to us, then we dip it and send it back to you quickly.

We are just starting to dip PWC parts in addition to the other item we have been working on. Our first example is a glove box lid for a Yamaha GPR; realizing that carbon fiber will be a very popular pattern, we started with the CF.

While researching the entire process of hydrodipping, we came to realize that there were shortcuts others take that we simply won't do. Specifically, we will only use the highest quality paints and coatings on our projects. In the long run, this will make a huge difference, especially on items that will be spending long hours in the sun. We will be charging a fair price for the work. We hope to make a profit, not a killing; there will be no victims, only satisfied customers.

Of course, we will dip anything you desire, if it's possible. We have already dipped dashboards, engine covers, pistols, and rifles, just to name a few. Contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions you have, but we are going to focus on watercraft on this thread, except for occasional pictures of non-watercraft parts just to demonstrate a pattern. As we do more and more parts, I'll keep updating this thread with pictures. You can also check out our work at www.gofastgraphix.com; it's a work in progress right now but will be coming along very quickly.

+1

Patterns

There are literally over 1,000 patterns available to choose from, and the number is growing daily. Many of the patterns are probably not something that you would consider putting on a PWC, but there are still many types that will look killer paired with the right ski.

Carbon fiber; you see the pictures above of the basic CF look, and I'm sure it will be one of our most popular patterns. That look is obtained by dipping a part in a black basecoat in a silver CF film. By applying different color basecoats, you can achieve an unique carbon fiber look that will match your color scheme.

Flames; there are dozens of patterns for flames, and like CF, changing the base coat color will give you an unique look.

Abstract and custom designs; this is the fastest growing area of film design. Skulls, marbled pattern, stone, abstract patterns.... here are but a few examples.

I could give you dozens of more examples, but you get the idea.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I like it.....want to do my FZR glove box lid

+1
    What kind of pattern are you interested in?

+1
    be glade to

Banned User
    +1
    I like the blue carbon fiber for the gp1200rs! The black cf is killer as well

+1

GoFast Graphics of Guntersville, AL is now Hydrodipping parts for all watercraft!

Pretty cool. How do the prices run?

+1
    fair depends on what you want done.if it is a core and i already have one in stock done .needs to have no scratch into plastic .there will be extra work .hard to fix plastic in alot of cases those parts can not be used as core.you will have find a good one are buy mine also.but again fair

+1
    I want to do my glove box lid also

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1646 View Post
    I want to do my glove box lid also
    Great! What do you have in mind? Carbon fiber, flames, skulls, Hello Kitty.... ?

Guys, I just ordered a couple of new FZR lids, so that when someone wants a lid done up, we can go ahead and get started as soon as we receive payment, and not have to wait for the old lid to get here before we start work. This will cut the turn around time to a day.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information