+1

Dual Maps on M400

Ok so who is running dual maps in their motec? I want a 100% tune and then something at 80% for friends to ride with the flick of a switch.

where can i get more info? what is the best way of running a 80% tune ie, can i just modify the throttle position or do I have to something more serious with a whole new map with less timing/fuel

Does the wiring harness need to be modified for the switch and what switches are recommended?

sure to have more questions but i will start there!!

Good thread I will like to know how to do that 2

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by COSEY1234 View Post
    Ok so who is running dual maps in their motec? I want a 100% tune and then something at 80% for friends to ride with the flick of a switch.

where can i get more info? what is the best way of running a 80% tune ie, can i just modify the throttle position or do I have to something more serious with a whole new map with less timing/fuel

Does the wiring harness need to be modified for the switch and what switches are recommended?

HI Guys
    Good question

My proffesional opinion would be this

The M400 is capable of running up to 4 entirely different MAPS inside, its a very powerful feature BUT it is difficult to manage the files themselves.
    3 of the MAPS are stored in slots that you cant see untill you switch them into the Adjust slot that you can see, once in the adjust slot you can modify and switch back, but it gets confusing as to which map is where as the maps themselves all look the same, I am sure it could be made less confusing but at this point its not so my advice would be to steer clear of the feature unless you were willing to put in a lot of time getting very familiar with how it all works.

That said, the reality is that in 95% of cases you dont even need to run multi Maps anyway, what you need to do is run a multi adjustable single Map, this way you know what you got.

Let me explain
    So you fit a switch on the dash and wire it into a spare AT or AV input
    You allocate that input to a user channel and call it say " Rider Selection"
    You then allocate your new channel on to the DBW throttle comp table and build a profile to suit
    So when the switch is up you could do 0 lever position = 0 throttle and 100% lever = 100% throtle
    When the switch is down you could do 0 lever = 0 throttle and 100% lever = 60% throttle.
    This is of course a very simple profile but you get the idea I am sure.
    Same can apply to the ign table
    Switch up = normal ign
    Switch down = -5 degrees ign
    Same with the fuel table
    Swith up is normal fuel
    Switch down is 5% extra fuel, or what ever
    Got a Turbo? , same thing again
    Switch up normal boost
    Switch down 5 PSI less

With this method you can design and run 2 different mapping styles all within the same actual Map itself, and its very transparant to see what is going on

If you get your head arounf that and you want more adjustability you can fit a 9 position rotary switch instead of 2 position and you can 9 different adjustments of throttle/ign/fue/boost

Good enough I would suggest

Hope this helps

Cheers

Pete

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTeC Pete View Post

HI Guys
    Good question

The M400 is capable of running up to 4 entirely different MAPS inside, its a very powerful feature BUT it is difficult to manage the files themselves.
    3 of the MAPS are stored in slots that you cant see untill you switch them into the Adjust slot that you can see, once in the adjust slot you can modify and switch back, but it gets confusing as to which map is where as the maps themselves all look the same, I am sure it could be made less confusing but at this point its not so my advice would be to steer clear of the feature unless you were willing to put in a lot of time getting very familiar with how it all works.

That said, the reality is that in 95% of cases you dont even need to run multi Maps anyway, what you need to do is run a multi adjustable single Map, this way you know what you got.

Let me explain
    You then allocate your new channel on to the DBW throttle comp table and build a profile to suit
    So when the switch is up you could do 0 lever position = 0 throttle and 100% lever = 100% throtle
    When the switch is down you could do 0 lever = 0 throttle and 100% lever = 60% throttle.
    Switch up = normal ign
    Same with the fuel table
    Swith up is normal fuel
    Switch up normal boost
    Switch down 5 PSI less

With this method you can design and run 2 different mapping styles all within the same actual Map itself, and its very transparant to see what is going on

If you get your head arounf that and you want more adjustability you can fit a 9 position rotary switch instead of 2 position and you can 9 different adjustments of throttle/ign/fue/boost

Hope this helps

Cheers

Pete

Fantastic answer, just what i wanted!!!!

The % on throttle position will be the way to go for me. I will have a look and update once I have nutted it out.

So based on the 9 position switch setup ill assume that you could do any combination up to 9, such as a 3 position switch for a 60%, 80% 100% throttle position setup? Very neat!!!

Got any suggestions on Switches for watercrafts?

+1

HI Guys
    Good question

Let me explain
    Switch up = normal ign
    Same with the fuel table
    Swith up is normal fuel
    Switch up normal boost
    Switch down 5 PSI less

Hope this helps

Cheers

Pete

Fantastic answer, just what i wanted!!!!

The % on throttle position will be the way to go for me. I will have a look and update once I have nutted it out.

So based on the 9 position switch setup ill assume that you could do any combination up to 9, such as a 3 position switch for a 60%, 80% 100% throttle position setup? Very neat!!!

Got any suggestions on Switches for watercrafts?
    We do a specific 9 position switch, it has a few electronics in it to make it work the way you would expect, contact Nils for a price.
    Otherwise talk to your local electronics supply store and get their advise on a good 2 or 3 position switch
    What you are aiming to acheive is a switch that creates different voltages at the ECU
    2 position is easy, more than that and you have to put in resistors etc to make it work.

Regards

Pete

+1

We do a specific 9 position switch, it has a few electronics in it to make it work the way you would expect, contact Nils for a price.
    Otherwise talk to your local electronics supply store and get their advise on a good 2 or 3 position switch
    What you are aiming to acheive is a switch that creates different voltages at the ECU
    2 position is easy, more than that and you have to put in resistors etc to make it work.

Regards

Pete
    Thank you again Pete, So if i was to run a simple marine toggle switch on/off on the dash , can i just run power from the 8V Aux (A9), through the switch, back to the AV5 input?

Then in ECU manager run 2 inputs 80%/0 volts 100%/8 volts setup in the calibration table of the user/input table?

am i on the right track? or totally off?

Cheers

+1

Regards

Pete
    Thank you again Pete, So if i was to run a simple marine toggle switch on/off on the dash , can i just run power from the 8V Aux (A9), through the switch, back to the AV5 input?

Then in ECU manager run 2 inputs 80%/0 volts 100%/8 volts setup in the calibration table of the user/input table?

am i on the right track? or totally off?

Cheers
    Your on to it for sure
    So allocate AV5 to a spare user channel and set up custom calibration as percentage
    and you will end up with 2 possible voltages, 0v or 8v and yes you can then allocate any percentage you like to that
    Only 1 trap here
    In the input set up there are preset diagnostic levels
    You need to change them so that they wont be triggered as you will end up triggering the alarm
    So move the dia low to -5V and the diag high to 15V
    Give it a go and let me know how you get on
    Dont forget to log your new channel so you can keep an eye on it as well as log the DBW comp channel that you are using.

Cheers

Pete

Thread Information