Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

had my 1st FI warning!!!

happened late in the ride day when i was approaching the ramp/shore b4 getting it loaded up

heard the alarm checked fuel and was still half full

noticed the FI light on and wasnt sure what the cause was as ive never known them or seen them on other skis yet (just occassionally read about them here)

ski seemed to still perform
    i was riding hard on the way back in bursts of say a minute and a half and the last stretch stayed on it a bit longer but we are talking about a ride back from brighton le sands (near sydney airport) in choppy water right up georges river where obviously became flat

stayed on for 2-3 minutes in the last stretch , the alarm came on then i pressed the set button to remove the noise and the light also came off, then wot again back on again

how can i find out what the cause may have been as it seems after reading about FI that its specific to a number of things (very general)

i installed the pump wedge when i serviced the ski and this was the st time post service to test it (didnt like it i lost speed beleive it or not)

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

+1
    Did you just recently install a Speed Control Override Module (SCOM)?

If the wire going into the ECU Connector is NOT fully seated, and the tabs locked down, some guys have seen this FI Code as a result.

Reference:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1717846

Let us know how you make out.

Also, are you saying you lost speed by installing the Pump Wedge?

Good Day Mate !!!

+1
    only way to get the code checked is via a dealer, otherwise you will have to wait until it does it again and read the code, you can only read active fault codes on the dash.
    hard to believe you lost speed with the wedge. dont forget these skis are never consistant with speeds weather conditions play a big part.
    best you can do is check oil level and all electrical plugs connections, and hope it doesnt fault again.

+1
    hey scom was installed beginning of this year, but ill look over the plugs again!

yes installed the wedge (i really wasnt expecting much) but losing speed really sucked

with the combo i have and this may actually be the reason why its not working i wouldnt have expected to gain much since i was already on a good day getting 76 mph which is pretty decent

(scom, bov bl, 14/21, r&d intake and plate, lauri eho recalibrated ecu)
    my max speed for the day was 73.9 same gps i use all the time fresh set of enegeriser batteries (the $15 ones )

ill check the connectors though mate!

thanks

+1
    hey corey, yes i was surprised too man

oil levels ill check, it was serviced this week, wedge installed and 1st ride was yesterday

the river was mostly smooth as, i was still passing all other skis in the water including an R&R worked yamaha i was whipping its ass but i admit the dude is 15kg heavier than i am, with me on his ski im alot faster

but yeah man something isnt right, i am unsure but i kinda felt it wasnt pulling as hard out of the hole but i may have just been expecting too much which set my judgment back a touch

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    I've seen a 4kph difference from one week to the next (and back). I think I worked out there is 1 PSI difference between a Low Pressure day and a High Pressure day. Then there is air temp, water conditions and weight.

But as for your F1 Alarm, I got this ages ago. By the time I could slow down and hold the Set and Mode buttons to get the code, the alarm was cleared. Eventually it stayed on longer and it was the speed alarm. Looks like the module was failing.

Good luck.

Mal.

+1
    override module ya think?
    im using the ones that run wires to battery (it flattens my ski if left a while without a start (you know when ya extra busy )
    illtake a look at it on saturday and try to narrow it down to something

as for varying speeds i think you are right it was totally different to other days, hot, hot wind, top layers of water were warm etc max rpm 7850 (14/21 mind you)

the wedge i dunno man thinking more the over all way its set up might not be the right combo for a wedge but there is no factual data i can report just a feeling

itll get there tho!

cheers boys !! !! !! !!

+1
    Your in neutral testing in flat to a slight ripple of water with your weight on the back edge of the seat ?

+1
    huh?

Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post

But as for your F1 Alarm, I got this ages ago. By the time I could slow down and hold the Set and Mode buttons to get the code, the alarm was cleared. Eventually it stayed on longer and it was the speed alarm. Looks like the module was failing...
    If a sensor goes bad, and sets off F1 alarm, is ski not put in limp mode that cant be cleared?

I had F1 alarm flash just 2 or 3 times intermittently, but ski went into what I call "enhanced limp" mode, slow but smooth acceleration up to 25mph but no more. 4500 rpm max. Rough idle. Burns about as much fuel going 25 as normally at WOT.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information