Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59
  1. #1
    To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    699
    +1
    31

    Standard Pistons and Rods Max RPM

    What RPM would you say standard rods and pistons are good for?


  2. #2
    steffi69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    calvi,corse
    Posts
    240
    i m also interested in this question

  3. #3
    boost junkie skidoochris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison, Mi
    Posts
    4,190
    +1
    437
    IMO the lower can do more than the upper will ever do
    and the max psi with proper fuel and timing is about 30

  4. #4
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,319
    +1
    258
    I run my stock pistons and rods up to 9200 with a 9.5K rev limit, 15-19 psi boost depending on SCer I am using. Have to use good fuel and keep WOT AFRs at 12:1 or less.

  5. #5
    To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    699
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    IMO the lower can do more than the upper will ever do
    and the max psi with proper fuel and timing is about 30
    Ok so In you opinion, they are good for 30psi of boost are you saying?? But at what RPM? 9000? 9200??

  6. #6
    boost junkie skidoochris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison, Mi
    Posts
    4,190
    +1
    437
    when your piston hits a valve you hit the max rpm

  7. #7
    To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    699
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    I run my stock pistons and rods up to 9200 with a 9.5K rev limit, 15-19 psi boost depending on SCer I am using. Have to use good fuel and keep WOT AFRs at 12:1 or less.
    Thanks JP, this is the info I needed from someone who is running it - Will be running a rude3 and would rather spend an additional $1500 on something else rather than rods and pistons.

    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    when your piston hits a valve you hit the max rpm
    Helpful, real helpful. Not.....

  8. #8
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,319
    +1
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Badvgood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    I run my stock pistons and rods up to 9200 with a 9.5K rev limit, 15-19 psi boost depending on SCer I am using. Have to use good fuel and keep WOT AFRs at 12:1 or less.
    Thanks JP, this is the info I needed from someone who is running it - Will be running a rude3 and would rather spend an additional $1500 on something else rather than rods and pistons.

    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    when your piston hits a valve you hit the max rpm
    Helpful, real helpful. Not.....
    I do run this way right now, but I would recommend you get CP pistons. I have a box on the shelf for the rebuild already. LOL The stock pistons will let go first especially with a 3RUDE. Make sure you are running a good I/C, too.

  9. #9
    To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    699
    +1
    31

    Standard Pistons and Rods Max RPM

    And the standard rods? Are they up to high boost / high RPM or not?

  10. #10
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,319
    +1
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Badvgood View Post
    And the standard rods? Are they up to high boost / high RPM or not?
    Yes they can take anything a SCer can put out.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FZR Standard Pistons and Rods Max RPM
    By prostocker in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-23-2013, 12:27 AM
  2. FS 04-05 engine block pistons and rods
    By elbondspwc in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 06:32 PM
  3. FS 4Tec 215/255 Pistons and Rods
    By Louis914 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 09:46 AM
  4. FS 4Tec 215/255 piston and rod set
    By Louis914 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 01:12 AM
  5. f/s 215 pistons and rods
    By elbondspwc in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 09:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •