Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fabrication guru rapidacceleration's Avatar
    +1

best western in morgan city has frauded my credit card.

had rooms book for the bug. they called me to cancel cause the huricanes. i call to verify the room cancelations. OK though everything was all right. no i wake up saturday a $220. charge on my account from Holiday in. best western transfered my cc info to holiday inn unatherized faud charges without my authization. i never even spoke with holiday inn at this point, called them they basiclly blew me off and said they would fix it. so i wake up this morning to a nother 95. charge on top of the 220 that still hasn't been put back. So now im 315. in the hole from a hotel i never made reservations with becouse the mudbug host hotel(best western) decided after canceling my res twice to then send my cc info to another hotel UNATHERIZED for them to charge me.

LONG STORY SHORT--- F**k BEST WESTERN- THE HOST HOTEL FOR THE JUNE EVENT BETTER BE SOMETHING OTHER THE BEST WESTERN OR EVERYONE IS IN A POSITION TO HAVE THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO THEM. ILL NEVER GIVE THEM MY BISSNESS AGAIN AND I WOULD RECOMEND THET EVERONE THINK TWICE BEFORE THEY DOO.

+1
    Just call your credit card company and have them deal with it.

+1
    HOLY SHIT!!!

How can they do that? How can they transfer your reservations to another hotel? WTF???

Call and talk to Mary Shahan. She is the manager there at the Best Western.

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Looks like they charged your card by mistake, there must be someone, somewhere, who got your credit and has a room booked with your money.

Just print out the charges, fax it to them and when you call back just remind them your cc info.

That blows....however your credit card company should take care of it. You may have to do some paper work, but something like this should be handled easily by the CC company. Especially since the hotel cancelled your reservations, so they cannot ding you for a minimum stay policy BS. Also the fact that you have confirmation #'s for the cancellation should help.

+1
    well been on the phone with corp. holiday inn all morning.
    they claim it will be fixed by noon today. (THATS WHAT THEY TOLD ME SATURDAY ALSO THEN ANOTHER 95 WAS CHARGED)

im still blown away that best western would transfer my res and cc info to another hotel, but thats exactly what happen. even after canceling twice.

what a mess, so much for the vacation i was looking forward too.
    all i wanted to do was ride and meet everyone, and now its gotten ugly.

well hopefully june will be better

I'll see ya all at junes event just not at that hotel

+1
    It probably was not the hotel. It may have been a staff member who wanted to have a free room.
    It is hard to get honest help these days.

+1
    Hey Daniel--

Did the charges show up as "Holliday Inn" on your bills ?

I called the BW hotel a week befor the Bug event and was told that the reservations had automatically been canceled and that ..."I had been notified..." BS !! Clerk was rude as well.

But-- so far..... no CC charges. Good luck with all that mess.....

+1
    yes BW transfered all res they had to the holiday inn along with all cc info and name/dates. and that was after the res was canceled both by them and by me calling to verify. you may wanna double check to see if the same happen to anyone else.
    and yes they were very rude every time i call them directly till i called corparate relation for both hotels and then all of a sudden everyone got nice and freindly in helping me. figures- everyone didn't give a shit till there ass was on the line. then im finnaly getting results.

well i haven't got credited back yet-but they say by noon so ill give them till then before i start calling corparate again.

thing that sucks is it was a visa check card so the money DID get sucked straight outa my back account. and that a good size chunk to disapear while im trying to enjoy the days i already took off for the bug. just made it a bit tight for taking the kiddo's to six flags saturday.(altinate vacation) still enjoyed my 5 days off, just didn't like spending hours on the phone long distance durring the middle of it fixing a mistake that was by no means my fault.

+1
    Be sure to call your bank too. Don't wait for the crooks at holiday in to fix it. Call them asap! Tell them you need the money back in your account asap that someone has your debit card visa then ask the bank to issue you a new card with new numbers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information