hammerhead console/modded rideplate/fishing rig almost finished....

man what a project...the 97 gp760 is notorious for porpoising...even moreso when you add a rear fuel tank and front console to it....i had an idea after looking at pics of the custom made shredmaster ride plate...i got another gp760 ride plate off ebay and chopped it up and added it to my original long ride plate...also cut out some side tab extensions and incorporated them onto the now much longer ride plate...the whole thing when welded is one big rideplate/tab contraption that looks like one of those flying wing bomber planes.....got it thru bolted and mounted solidly....put her in the water...NICE RIDE...NO BOUNCE...PLAINS QUICKLY....and my gps still showed a top speed of 42....not a speed demon but handles like a dream....more pics to come soon....thanks brian for all your help...

Name:  102_7999.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  126.9 KB
    Name:  102_7992.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  174.1 KB
    Name:  102_7990.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  156.1 KB
    Name:  102_7993.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  98.0 KB
    Name:  DSC00621.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  87.5 KB

+1
    A few comments/questions:

Looks great, odd, but great. Quite an original concept. That ride plate is something else...! The brass fittings on the rear rub-rail; bilge pump ports? Also, do I see nav lights? Hmmm... you operating in stealth mode (at night)?

So, what do you think she tips the scales at?

Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    A few comments/questions:

Looks great, odd, but great. Quite an original concept. That ride plate is something else...! The brass fittings on the rear rub-rail; bilge pump ports? Also, do I see nav lights? Hmmm... you operating in stealth mode (at night)?

So, what do you think she tips the scales at?
    the fittings on the rear rub-rail are just the pisser hoses...instead of spraying up they now spray straight out the back. I also put a tee on the front pisser line and routed 2 hoses through the handle bars...done it for a few reasons...keeps you cool while riding in hot weather,makes for a great hand warmer in the cold weather and i like being able to see that im pumping water....the console and gas tank are aluminum diamondplate...with console,gas tank,cooler and the electronics it added about an extra 60 pounds...nav lights and a headlight/spotlight?? theres been plenty of times on other skis ive had that i would be in the water before sunrise and on my way to my fishing holes and spend all day on the water and come back to the hill at dark...back then it was with a handheld spotlight which wasnt any fun...

+1

hammerhead console/modded rideplate/fishing rig almost finished....

Pretty cool purpose built machine!

+1
    Spraying straight out the back and the handle bar? That's crazy - that'll keep the traffic off of ya', LOL. Congrats on a great build - that's an awesome machine you have there. PS: Assuming you're in the lower 48 - don't get caught running in the dark...

I do look forward to you reports.

+1
    Very Cool! Glad to see you got it all together. Kinda Mad-Maxish!

Thread Information