Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Best/Most Reliable Ski for Wave Jumping?

Hey Guys,
    more than 60% of my riding is wave jumping and with the 300x its ok but the skis really heavy and recently the prop came loose most likely from wave jumping and there was a $2500 repair bill! So I was looking into getting a new RXP-X 260 seeing as its a bit lighter. But i know my old ultra 150's were amazing at jumping and all i every had to do to was check the carby and change the plugs. I was thinking maybe a standup, maybe a second hand Rickter JetSki if i can find one. Please share your experience with your skis and using them to jump, A LOT! Im not looking for which ski goes the highest but the main factors are: reliability, weight and it must be a well known brand like.
    Thanks
    Chad

+1
    If you really want a second machine for jumping and frolicking around EXCLUSIVELY, then I don't see how you can beat the 1996 Sea-Doo XP. The 1997, 1998, and 1999 Sea-Doo SPX is basically the same machine as well. Any of the Sea-Doo X4 hulls with the 800 RAVE motor will provide lightweight, snappy throttle response, and super high flying ability. They absolutely rock for what you're wanting to do and can be picked up fairly cheap at this point due to their age.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    If you really want a second machine for jumping and frolicking around EXCLUSIVELY, then I don't see how you can beat the 1996 Sea-Doo XP. The 1997, 1998, and 1999 Sea-Doo SPX is basically the same machine as well. Any of the Sea-Doo X4 hulls with the 800 RAVE motor will provide lightweight, snappy throttle response, and super high flying ability. They absolutely rock for what you're wanting to do and be picked up fairly cheap at this point due to their age.
    Hey thanks for your advise but im not looking to go any older then around 05' 06' skis.

Chad

+1
    If you really want a second machine for jumping and frolicking around EXCLUSIVELY, then I don't see how you can beat the 1996 Sea-Doo XP. The 1997, 1998, and 1999 Sea-Doo SPX is basically the same machine as well. Any of the Sea-Doo X4 hulls with the 800 RAVE motor will provide lightweight, snappy throttle response, and super high flying ability. They absolutely rock for what you're wanting to do and can be picked up fairly cheap at this point due to their age.
    +1...and don't forget the Blaster, & for something a little bigger, the GP12

Quote Originally Posted by ULTRA3N View Post
    If you really want a second machine for jumping and frolicking around EXCLUSIVELY, then I don't see how you can beat the 1996 Sea-Doo XP. The 1997, 1998, and 1999 Sea-Doo SPX is basically the same machine as well. Any of the Sea-Doo X4 hulls with the 800 RAVE motor will provide lightweight, snappy throttle response, and super high flying ability. They absolutely rock for what you're wanting to do and be picked up fairly cheap at this point due to their age.
    Hey thanks for your advise but im not looking to go any older then around 05' 06' skis.

Chad
    You can pretty much expect to eventually tear up something: hulls, motor mounts, driveshafts, etc whatever you chose, but IMO a heavy 4-stroke is a lot more likely to have an epic fail than a smaller lighter 2-stroke. If you're determined to stay '05 or later the GPR might be the best bet, but that's still a pretty heavy ski to smash around in the surf with.

+1

XP with swap?

+1
    Still leaning towards ultra 150's

+1

My ultra was a blast to ride... If I could do a 4 stroke swap in an ultra I would buy one is a heartbeat! (My ultra was cursed)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    My ultra was a blast to ride... If I could do a 4 stroke swap in an ultra I would buy one is a heartbeat! (My ultra was cursed)
    My 05' ultra was great. All i ever had to do was change the plugs! (and servicing and maintainance)

Chad

+1

Quote Originally Posted by ULTRA3N View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    My 05' ultra was great. All i ever had to do was change the plugs! (and servicing and maintainance)

Chad
    I wish that's all mine ever needed. Like I said mine was cursed, no ones fault other than just bad luck. By far the most fun ski I had ever rode.

+1
    I wish that's all mine ever needed. Like I said mine was cursed, no ones fault other than just bad luck. By far the most fun ski I had ever rode.[/QUOTE]

Did you mod the engine, they dont like modded engines at all.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information