Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New ( to me) ultra 150 owner.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	286690Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	286689Stumbled across a cl deal the other day. Wasn't looking to buy a ski ..... Got a 2000 all stock ultra for...............$600!!!!!! Even came with a trailer. Story on it is the guy bought it put 68hrs on it in the beginning then parked it. Cover rotted off of it years ago. So it had some sun damage.( already ordered all the parts to restore its looks.) first thing it did when I got it home was new battery,fresh gas,when i tried to crank it it was sluggish? pulled plugs to find cylinders were FULL of oil?? Blew oil out,cleaned plugs and filter,the turned it over and it fired right off.. Installed flush kit and ran it on the hose. She was running a lil rough so I put some seafoam in with 5 gals of fresh 91 and ran her for a bit on the hose.seems like she cleared out and seems to be running good.( I did check oil lines for cracks or breaks before running it,all still seem soft and pliable without leaks will change out all lines for new ones). Carbs seems to have cleared out so i did a compression check after it cooled down 120psi across! Seems after sitting for 10+ years it would need more work?? Anything else I should check before I sea trial? Already have a shred master,impeller and ,nozzle in my sites.want to run it stock first. She polished up and looks like new compared to when I brought it home Tuesday.
    Last edited by Sicaz66; 11-05-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Banned User
    +1
    You should post some pics for all of us to see

Will do. Waiting on my camera.

+1
    No, don't post pictures. It'll just piss me off more!

Why can't I ever find deals like this?????

+1
    When you go to the ramp, start it before you back in. Then shut off. Then back in and if the ramp permits (no traffic) I would start it in the water on the trailer. Look for any water leaks around the drive shaft, hose clamps, etc. Reason is it sat for a long time and things dry out, hoses loose there pliability. Also you ran it for a while on the hose. No cooling to the drive shaft seals.
    Just a good idea before you set off. Also stay close to the dock, just in case anything goes wrong. Until your confident its in good shape.

Then, have fun!

Good thing I took the advice to change oil lines. Lots of cracks! None were all the way through or leaking though. New seat,bar pad,and black parts to replace the purple will be here weds. Gonna try it at the lake tomorrow. ( fingers crossed). Still can't post pics??

Finally got it in the water. First attempt was a no go. Got it back home and discovered it was not getting fuel. Traced it back to sender pickups. Both reserve and on were plugged with a green sticky substance. Cleared pickups,Siphoned out as much as I could then refilled with fresh 91. Started right up so I took it to the lake.ran it at lower rpms and listed for odd sounds,took it back to shore and pulled plugs to check for leaning out.they looked perfect! Let it cool,then tried it again,a little hard starting but,ran good once started,did a couple of cruising laps before I slowly opened it up. Wind was up so WFO runs we're short. Seems to run super. Did a WFO plug chop/check looked like coffee! So I finally ran a few laps WFO and it was a little squirrelly in the light chop but was pegged at 7000rpm for a bit and seems good.still have not pulled and cleaned carbs,honestly don't think I need to? Got about $700 total in it now. And it's at 69hrs. Ordering beach house sponsons,Shredmaster,and a hydro turf seat cover this week. This ski flat out flies! Don't see any reason to mod the engine.

Banned User
    +1
    I would check out the carbs just to be 100% sure. If there was gunk in the fuel pick ups, there is most likely something in the carbs. On the Keihin carbs, there is a screen filter on the fuel inlet side of the inlet needle and seat. Make sure that is clear. Just be very careful with it, the screen is easy to break. Im not sure if the Kawi's used the grey Tempo fuel lines, but if they did, you definitely need to replace those. I know a lot of skis from that time used the grey lines.

Filter was clean.all fuel lines are black and look good.( flexible,not hard). Seems to run good.

Banned User
    +1
    There are internal filters inside the carbs. Did you check those? Those are known to get plugged up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information