Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Easy GTR 215 mod's that won't void warranty?

Since the GTR 215 is a new 2012 release, as far as I know... everyone at this point should still be under the most basic 1 year mfg warranty. Are there any basic/easy GTR 215 mod's that can be performed without voiding the mfg warranty? Personally, I have a two year warranty, so I am not looking at any mods to jeopardize that warranty until it's done, but if there are things like an air box mod, a K&N type filter replacement, or... I don't know... I'm about to roll my ski in the garage for the winter months and looking for some projects.

+1
    You do realize that the 215 is the same motor as a 260 right
    My point is you won’t break the 215 motor
    But I understand what you mean so you’re probably stuck with intake grate only
    I am sure you can get your ski up the 260+hp for under 1000 bucks

+1
    If you are worried about the warranty issue just stick with the bolt on items that can be removed and made back stock: intake grate, air intake, and impeller.

Some dealers will void a warranty for just installing a Solas impeller, other don't care, so talk to your dealership owner and service manager about how they feel about mods.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    If you are worried about the warranty issue just stick with the bolt on items that can be removed and made back stock: intake grate, air intake, and impeller.

Some dealers will void a warranty for just installing a Solas impeller, other don't care, so talk to your dealership owner and service manager about how they feel about mods.
    The dealer may not care, if you have a SOLAS prop... BRP will, if they see it in picture if you have some kind of pump, shaft problem. JMO, BRP sees anything that is not stock on your ski they will void warranty. To save money BRP asks the dealer to take pictures of your ski and the problem parts now. Put the stock totally back to stock before taking it to the dealer. IMO.

+1
    BRP will only ask for pictures if your dealer has a bad relationship with BRP or if BRP feels that the dealer is trying to screw them.....We have a very good relationship with BRP and are NEVER asked to take pics of anything....If your dealer has honest techs and they know what they are doing, then pics wont be requested

+1
    Must not be many dealers with a good relationship with BRP. There are a lot less SD dealers around here now anyway.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    BRP will only ask for pictures if your dealer has a bad relationship with BRP or if BRP feels that the dealer is trying to screw them.....We have a very good relationship with BRP and are NEVER asked to take pics of anything....If your dealer has honest techs and they know what they are doing, then pics wont be requested
    Thnaks for the info.

Can you answer the OP question since you are a SD dealer?

+1
    Personally, myself and the owner of the dealership are racers so we really dont care...But if a "race" part caused the failure, then there isnt much we can do...I/we wont care if you put a prop or an air intake in a ski...We actually will do it for you so we know it is done the right way with the right parts!!!!

+1
    When you guys are saying GTR215 is the same engine as the 260RS, are you saying internal wise are all same parts?!

+1
    The only different between 215 and 260 is external intercooler bigger supercharger and throttle body i think. Also ECU mapping would be different.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information