Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Winterizing Without Supercharger

I want to take my supercharger out to send to Jerry to be rebuilt out of my 2007 Sea Doo Rxp 215 Supercharged. Is it still possible to winterize the waverunner after i take the supercharger out? I havent changed the oil in it yet or fogged it so i want to be able to do this yet. This would require me to roll over the engine momentarily. Does this affect the supercharger at all and would it be alright to do this without the SC in the waverunner? I read somewhere that you can not fog all 4-tec engines as well because some of the sensors in them. How do i tell if mine has one of these sensors? Sorry for the newbie questions.

+1
    Why don't you just do your winterizing before you pull it? Then you can just stick a rag in the hole to keep any debris out while its open? No sensors to worry about on a stock rxp...just follow storage procedure pdf...you can find it online... google it...

+1
    I ordered an oil extractor and it is not here yet. The main things i want to do to winterize it is change the oil, put stabil in the gas and run, fog the engine and put antifreeze in the water lines. The lubricating stuff i was planning on doing in the spring. To adequately fog the engine do i just spray some down the air intake while it is running and then turn it off and spray some down the plug holes?

+1
    Is the shop manual for the 2006 4 tec series the same for the 2007 rxp 215?

+1
    I just did the same thing. I winterized the engine and then pulled the SC and sent to Jerrry. When I got it back, I installed it and now just waiting for Spring.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanmow View Post
    The main things i want to do to winterize it is change the oil
    Just an F.Y.I, I've been advised by several people including Jerry that you should wait until spring when you are ready to ride again as condensation will occur thru the winter with new oil.

+1
    http://www.sea-doo.net/pdf/2006-Stor...cedure4TEC.pdf

Follow this and you'll be alright...directions provided by seadoo...can't go wrong...

+1
    Thanks everyone! so change oil now or in the spring? I can see lt1pwr's point but also i dont think its good to let the debris settle in the bottom of the engine all winter long and give it time to gunk up. Thoughts about just draining the oil as low as i can get it and then adding the new oil and filter in the spring and leaving it sit dry all winter?

oil breaks down over time as the engine gets ran, new oil doesn't so quickly.used oil has a better chance of absorbing moisture. the best way to change the oil is after the engine is ran and while the oil is hot.

+1
    Alright so i ahev a problem. My oil extractor is supposed to be getting here in the next few days but we are also reaching freezing temps in the next few days. Tonight i am adding the stabil to the fuel and running it for awhile and then adding the antifreeze so the waterbox doesnt freeze. When am i supposed to change the oil? Should i just wait till the spring or change it without heating the engine up?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information