2001 SeaDoo GTI low hours..Good machine reliable machines??

Looking for my first PWC for family use. Nothing crazy. Just want a bigger ski with stability and reliability. This is for sale at a dealer of mine and looks clean. Just serviced. They want a few grand for it. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I don't want to spend a mint as I am not sure the wife and kids will like it. Thanks again.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonFlorida View Post
    Looking for my first PWC for family use. Nothing crazy. Just want a bigger ski with stability and reliability. This is for sale at a dealer of mine and looks clean. Just serviced. They want a few grand for it. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I don't want to spend a mint as I am not sure the wife and kids will like it. Thanks again.
    Take it for a test ride before buying! Make sure it runs perfect and I mean perfect. Walk away, if it doesn't idle right or run right in anyway.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonFlorida View Post
    Take it for a test ride before buying! Make sure it runs perfect and I mean perfect. Walk away, if it doesn't idle right or run right in anyway.

Good points.

When you take a look at it check the engine compartment for white salt water corrosion or oil/residue inside the engine compartment. That may give you an idea of how it may have been treated or neglected in any case.

Hope that helps.

The 2-stroke GTI's of that vintage were good reliable skis. Neighbor had a 1999 GTI that he bought new, and just sold last year, which is the same exact ski, just different colors, and he sold it running good with 365 hours, never rebuilt. The only downsides of this ski is it is really underpowered, so don't expect much speed, and being a 2-stroke it will burn twice the fuel of a 4-TEC that has twice (or more) the horsepower.

Prices really vary around the country, that ski would sell for $2K in season around here, with trailer. (midwest)

Check out this new site it is just online and creating more content! Special site for GTI news and experience: http://seadoo-gti.com

Thread Information