+1

Stock Riva Rideplate vs. Modded Riva Rideplate for FX SHO

I currently have the Riva rideplate on my 08 FX SHO and wanted to get some feedback from anyone who got their riva rideplate modded. Would love to know if there was a speed gain, change in handling, did it bounce, etc? Basically I wanna know is it worth doing? Thanks everyone.

i dont think anyone cut there riva plates most people cut there r&d.im running the cut r&d and its about .5mph faster than the cut stock plate but stock handles better so i recommend it if you ride mostly offshore.if you ride mostly in flat lakes cut the riva otherwise cut the stock and sell the riva for better handling offshore.in a perfect environment i think the stock plate cut is worth 2.7ish and the r&d cut 3.2ish mph.with the cut r&d my ski goes 70.5ish on gps with 3/4 tank of gas stage 1+ and no prop change on the rev limiter.its a great plate for flat water could probably go 72ish with a prop and less fuel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hialeahchiko305 View Post
    i dont think anyone cut there riva plates most people cut there r&d.im running the cut r&d and its about .5mph faster than the cut stock plate but stock handles better so i recommend it if you ride mostly offshore.if you ride mostly in flat lakes cut the riva otherwise cut the stock and sell the riva for better handling offshore.in a perfect environment i think the stock plate cut is worth 2.7ish and the r&d cut 3.2ish mph.with the cut r&d my ski goes 70.5ish on gps with 3/4 tank of gas stage 1+ and no prop change on the rev limiter.its a great plate for flat water could probably go 72ish with a prop and less fuel.
    I ride in the bay and a majority of the time it's a light chop to moderate chop..don't ride in heavy chop. Would you say that I should just stick with the Riva plate I have since it's already a good plate for the conditions I ride? Would I see any significant gain in speed if I modified it?

from what ive heard the riva isnt as good as the r&d plate so cutting it may give the same or less speed as the cut stock plate as the r&d cut is only .5mph faster.cutting it will gain speed but it will likely also gain some bounce which you will have to play with shimming riding position and trim setting to get rid of and still see gains.aftermarket plates already have some angle so when you cut them they dont handle as well unless the water is perfectly flat.if it were me id cut my losses modify the stock plate and sell the riva.
    Last edited by FXSlowKroozer; 10-26-2012 at 03:58 PM.

+1
    Thank you ...I wonder what difference in speed between cut stock plate and my riva plate....does anyone have a comparison out there???

+1
    So what was the difference in speed?

Thread Information