785 pro questions

I just bought a 785 pro bone stock that was said to be running great, 65 mph.. bla bla ..I know not to expect that, I checked compression when I bought it and they were all around 120psi. So I water tested it yesterday and had an exhaust leak. Somewhere up in the front area. The front waterbox/collector was sizzling water hot. So I am guessing a jetworks valve is stuck.. I saw the Watcon diagram on one of the post here. With that set-up is just one jetworks valve run, is there any gain over stock? Also I remember reading somewhere on here long time ago about replacing the balls in the valves with Delrin balls. Does anyone know where to get them or have any to sell?

Thanks

+1
    what tr pro is it ??? the 99/00 water routing is ok but the 97/98 should be updated to the Watcon routing

It is a 99

+1
    then i would leave the water routing alone and just make sure the jetworks valves are ok , no need to do the rerouting

Ok, thanks. Now I just need to find the leak. How hot/warm should the collector in the front be? Just warm, not sizzling?

+1
    yeah just warm ,alot of time the collectors tend to rub on the hull and get wholes in them or one of the hose from the pipes to the collector blew out

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    If your collector is sizzling, you most likely blew a hose from the heat. Open your hood, remove the storage bucket and run it on thr trailer for a few seconds. You should be able to find the leak pretty quickly by trying that.

It was beerdart that had the Delrin balls for the Jet Works valves. Not sure if he has any left. I believe he got them from Mcmaster carr, but had to buy like 100 of them..

If you unseat the check ball before you ride, you should be good. It's when they sit for a while that the rubber ball gets stuck and won't allow water through.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Also check the water manifold for obstructions. There are 1/8" holes in some fittings that can easily be clogged with sand or a tiny stone. It's not a bad idea to consider installing a water strainer into your main water inlet to prevent this from happening.

Ok, I was thinking, of cleaning out all hoses/fittings. The water coming out the pissers was not the most or even.

Thread Information