Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Supercourse Racing

Well thought you guy might want to see one of my race videos This one was from the Supercourse race out at the 2006 World Finals in Lake Havasu City, AZ. I raced in Amateur Runabout Stock with two 20min heats and this is from heat 1. The course wasnt as good as Nationals in Texas was, but they did ok with it. I think there was about 15 racers in my class some of which i saw race at nationals in the pro-am stock class. First moto I finished 5th and then second moto I finished 4th placing me at 3rd overall but at the awards they had some scoring errors or something so some guy from Estonia who had finished 7th overall came first and it bumped me to 4th. In PWI they listed Andy Wise as 1st which he was before the awards then that guy from Estonia was 1st so I have no idea if I really came 3rd or 4th. Either way thats not a bad finish for the season of being 1st in Region, 2nd in national highpoints and 3rd at nationals in Novice Stock.

For those that don't know what Supercourse is, its basically an endurance style closed course with out of sweeping turns and races lasting anywhere from 30mins to an hour. From what I know this started in Texas where now the Supercourse Nationals is held. So far really only Region 5 actually holds true Supercourse races. I think this year they are tryin to get more Regions to promote it and even try and put it on the national tour, but that's only what ive heard.

Hope you guys enjoyed it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eq05hddQNP8

Nice Vid.
    Supercourse FTW

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BRobertson View Post
    Nice Vid.
    Supercourse FTW
    Thanks. I can't wait to head back to Texas for Supercourse Nationals again this year. That has to be my favorite race site I've been to.

+1
    Very cool. I was almost in the video as much as you were. Yellow hat holding the yellow and black rxp!

+1
    you were the one who went off on the back straight on the 2nd moto right? If that was you it sucks to fall in that kind of race, happened to me at nationals on the 2nd lap I was right up there with all the noble guys in 4th out of 22 and then on the inside right in the center of the track i hit a wake sideways and got thrown and worst part my left grip slipped on right in my hand. So after tryin to fix that and get my goggles back right I droped to about 20th and within the 30mins plus a lap I was able to fight my way to 8th overall

That back straight at WF was terrible with the sun in your eye salong with all the random chop.
    Last edited by kenshin89; 02-10-2007 at 10:43 PM.

+1
    Not me My rider Pat Roque. I was only holding for him. He got tangled up with one of the young noble riders and sustained a serious contusion to his upper thigh. Last time I talked to him he was still healing. I only race the scsc sprint races out here. I would love to do the hahn 300 again this year but I dont have a ride. Maybe see you next year at finals or at mud bug?

+1
    oh ok. That's good he is doing better. I'm going to try going to world finals this year especially since I'm planning on racing Expert Open in closed course.

+1
    Hats off to you guys that raced the Super Course. The IJSBA always craps on you, and gives you the worst course right as the sun is in your eyes. Plus, they refuse to set up the course like the real supercourse. Still, You guys go out and put on a great show. I was in the stands, watching the audience filter back to their seats. They didn't know what it was, but were trying to figure it out amonst themselves.

The announcers were talking jibberish about their hair stylist and their pet monkey collars.. Sad really.

+1
    Here are some pics I took. I think I have a bunch more on an archieve drive somewhere.
    http://www.hydrotoys.com/2006wf/supercourse/

Only if WF could see a real Marty SuperCourse event

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information