Hole shot speed in rxp?

Hi all

Iv currently got a 07 rxp with riva through hull exaust, 4 inch air intake, 255 super charger, ecu up grade but still only revs to 8150 previous owner says it was done. Open loop cooling, block offs, 15/20 solaras. And a bit more but not power related. I am wanting to know what is the best things to do next I'm looking for awesome hole shot. Top speed would b good but more looking for the hole shot. I'm in the process of purchasing the speedfreeks bellow band as I can't stop mine from sucking air. Any help on what next to do would be much appreciated.

+1
    external intercooler and ported throttle body. Find out what your rev limiter is set to and dial your impeller in to 100 or so RPM less than that on a normal day w/ an 82 mm nozzle ring-- the ring helps with cavitation, but is still large enough for good excelleration.

What intake grate are you running?
    Last edited by jim; 10-27-2012 at 07:07 PM.

+1
    First things first i would make sure you have an upgraded ECU and then make sure you have the right injectors to match the ECU fuel mapping.....Once this is confirmed to be OK then i would make sure your valve train is upgraded also to handle the higher RPMs...once you have this information and confirm all is right then we can go on to the next step...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    First things first i would make sure you have an upgraded ECU and then make sure you have the right injectors to match the ECU fuel mapping.....Once this is confirmed to be OK then i would make sure your valve train is upgraded also to handle the higher RPMs...once you have this information and confirm all is right then we can go on to the next step...
    +1 on all of this first, that is one of the biggest risks of buying a modified craft from someone, you really need to make sure everything that should be done is done for your boat to run right and safe, then you can look into getting the best from her.

I have to dissagree with Jim if holeshot is your goal then the last thing you want to do is pinch the nozzle down, Yes it can help with cavi and improve poor accel to a point but you will see far better holeshot and less cavi with a better pump cone, 3 blade prop, with your mods setting the prop back can work well. I would replace the whole carbon seal assembly as I doubt its ever been done unless it failed before. I had cavi issues and fitted new bellows and carbon ring also went with the RnD pump cone, now I have zero cavi and brutal holeshot, this is on my 04 RXP that has 255 charger, intake ect ect ect.

But first thing first I would be checking exactly what has been done, and making sure that all supporting mods are done that should be, as Snow said, injectors, valvetrain are two important things if your running bigger boost and rpm.

R88

Thanx for the help.
    Ill try to sort out what is done to the ecu. Anyone have any ideas on how to do that. It has only ever revved to 8200 with the set up I have on it. I swapped a 13/18 skat for the 15/20 Solas it was reving to 8200 with the skat now 8150 with solas.

I don't think injectors have been upgraded. Well there has been no mention of them from previous owner. Can I fit a rising rate fuel pressure regulator instead of up grading the injectors?

But first things first ill try to work out what has been done to ecu and injectors ect

Cheers

+1
    the only way to know for sure is to use a afr gauge

Thread Information