Thread: 02 Virage 1200

+1

02 Virage 1200

hello all going to meet a guy tomarrow to buy this Virage for $750 this is what he said;
    THE OTHER DAY IT STARTED ACTING UP AND CUTTING OUT AND I HAD THE FUEL PUMP REPLACED AND IT COST $500 AND TOOK IT OUT AGAIN AND IT STARTED ACTING UP AGAIN AND THE SHOP SAID IT WAS PROBALY A EMM MODULE AND THERE AROUND $900 BUCKS AND I DONT HAVE THE TIME TO FIX IT OR WANT TO SPEND MORE MONEY ON IT SO MY LOSS YOUR GAIN. THE JET SKI IS IN GREAT SHAPE EXCEPT FOR IT SPUTTERING. and also said its oil gas mix, just read that you cant premix these Is this true???? and where to send the emm off for a rebuild??? thank you all for your help

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    cant fuel oil mix....no oil gets to the bearings. If it is fuel oil mix, run the other direction. If the emm is bad, you are likley better off buying a running model as DFI charges about 700 bucks IF it can be repaired.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostinstallations View Post
    cant fuel oil mix....no oil gets to the bearings. If it is fuel oil mix, run the other direction. If the emm is bad, you are likley better off buying a running model as DFI charges about 700 bucks IF it can be repaired.
    thats what I thought, thank you, it is a nice looking Polaris damn, so no oil pump its a no go then.

Banned User
    +1
    I would think you could put the oil pump back and be ok

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    I would think you could put the oil pump back and be ok
    Need to have some clarity on the specific situation.

If the original oil pump is still in place and operational and the oil tank has oil, then there is no issue there. But, if someone has disabled or removed the oil pump and this is a Ficht fuel injected engine (Virage TXi model) then the engine will be damaged if run. The cylinders and crank bearings can not be lubricated without oil injection even if oil is added to the gasoline on a Ficht engine.

The seller may simply be confused about how the oil system actually works on this engine. If he has been keeping the oil tank filled and the oil pump is still working then there is no problem there. If someone has also been adding oil to the fuel then it does not help anything, but not really an issue as long as the factory oil injection is still working.

Quite separately, if the fuel injection system is giving trouble then it is common for the EMM unit to need repair, as noted.
    Last edited by K447; 10-28-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Banned User
    +1
    Correct me if I am wrong, but it seemed to be that all of the EMMs would need repair at some point. So even buying a ski with a good EMM is no guarantee that it won't have to have its EMM repaired at some point.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but it seemed to be that all of the EMMs would need repair at some point.

So even buying a ski with a good EMM is no guarantee that it won't have to have its EMM repaired at some point.
    They don't all fail, but plenty do. Polaris had some production issues and some EMM batches definitely are more prone to failure. I do not have useful data on which production dates or EMM models have the most trouble.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    are we sure it even has an emm??

I just had an EMM repaired at DFI technologies
    I it was around 600 bucks

Thread Information