Cool RFI crank case seals (rotary valve)

Howdy i have a 1999 gsx RFI with a 140 hours on it . The issue i have is that i am loosing oil from the rotary valve cavity some how . I have checked the pressure in the cavity and it holds 6 psi for over half an hour easy . I did this by pressurising via the oil inlet pipe to the cavity and exit pipe.
    I also checked the seal on the rotary valve on the inlet , all ok . I did notice as i could see the crank, that there has been work done on it before because the webs are ingraved with numbers . What are the chances that i could have a slow leak between the cases ( i hope ) ? Is this a common issue ? It did not slowly start , it was fine one weekend and leaked the next .
    Thanks

RFI crank case seals (rotary valve)

Put the tester back on, pressurize it again but this time rotate the crank slowly a full turn and see if it drops in another spot

I should have asked. Where did you see the leak and how do you know it's from the rotary cavity

I did that , the oil is leaking into the crank case . Start it up and you would swear its on fire , once oil is cleared runs great .

I just had one that did that exact same thing but his turned to be a stuck to full oil pump. Also a broken oil pump cable will over oil

I could only hope for that , the oil pump is fine when i took the rotary valve cover off i checked all that . There was no sing oil leaking there .

I did that , the oil is leaking into the crank case . Start it up and you would swear its on fire , once oil is cleared runs great .

Ok here is an update , took the motor out both cyliders had excessive oil in them from the Rv cavity . pressure tested the cavity held pressure as per specie . split the cases and it has a new crank in it every thing looks and feels fresh , the only thing i did notice is that it has some sort of red sealant that was not hard it was still soft and gooey.
    The ski has only done 140 hours since new so it has had a rebuild prior to me owning it ( i can see scrape marks in the bottom off the case on the on the mag side were it had let go before ). The way i know it was the cavity leaking as i had put 2 shut off valves to the cavity , one inlet and one out let . When i shut the inlet one off and marked the outlet pipe with a marker where the oil was in the pipe over a week you could see a noticeable drop . the oil pump has been checked for leaking the rv shaft seal has bee checked all is good . Is there a posibility that the cases could have been leaking ? I realy dont want to get a new crank as there seems to be one in it . The reason i am trying to solve this issue as i want to sell the ski . Your input would be greatly appreciated .

Thread Information