Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59
  1. #1
    ISLAND RACING seadoo951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Longisland, NY
    Posts
    843

    Is my motor really from SBT?

    How could I check to make sure that my motor is really from SBT. I just had my dealer do the motor swap on my 2001 RX-DI. The motor looks like it did when I took it to them aside from the head which looks new. Is it possible that my dealer took me for a fool and just did a topend and charged me $2,500 for it?!! I really hope I got what I paid for. (A whole new motor) Is there a way to see externally on the motor if it really is a whole new motor from SBT? I want to be sure that I was not screwed over by these guys at my dealer!


  2. #2
    ou812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside,ca
    Posts
    6,210
    +1
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo951 View Post
    How could I check to make sure that my motor is really from SBT. I just had my dealer do the motor swap on my 2001 RX-DI. The motor looks like it did when I took it to them aside from the head which looks new. Is it possible that my dealer took me for a fool and just did a topend and charged me $2,500 for it?!! I really hope I got what I paid for. (A whole new motor) Is there a way to see externally on the motor if it really is a whole new motor from SBT? I want to be sure that I was not screwed over by these guys at my dealer!
    They might have done you a favor by doing it themselves..
    Doesn't sbt mark their motors? What dealer did you go to?

  3. #3
    ISLAND RACING seadoo951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Longisland, NY
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    They might have done you a favor by doing it themselves..
    Doesn't sbt mark their motors? What dealer did you go to?
    I believe SBT does mark their motors. That is why I am asking... Can't find any type of mark. I went to Mariners Cove Marina in Hampton Bays, N.Y.

  4. #4
    Moderator RX951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    16,066
    +1
    23
    not sure how all their motors are, but the SBT motor I had in a 1998 GTi last year had a little silver hologram sticker on the head and a sticker with a serial number on the front of it. The motor was fully painted silver and had no evidence of cracked paint on the bolt heads.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Eureka, MO
    Posts
    404
    +1
    1
    If the motor is from SBT you should get a one or two year unconditional warrantee. They also should have told you that the warrantee is void if the head is pulled off the motor. Ask them for a copy of the warantee from SBT.


    DRB

  6. #6
    ISLAND RACING seadoo951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Longisland, NY
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    not sure how all their motors are, but the SBT motor I had in a 1998 GTi last year had a little silver hologram sticker on the head and a sticker with a serial number on the front of it. The motor was fully painted silver and had no evidence of cracked paint on the bolt heads.
    I can't apply my motor to this becasue I was told by them that my head was bad and that SBT would not put a head on the motor they sent them becasue the head that I gave them was bad. I had to end up buying another OEM head and having them put that one on the "SBT" motor.

  7. #7
    ISLAND RACING seadoo951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Longisland, NY
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by drb View Post
    If the motor is from SBT you should get a one or two year unconditional warrantee. They also should have told you that the warrantee is void if the head is pulled off the motor. Ask them for a copy of the warantee from SBT.


    DRB
    I did not get any paperwork from my dealer other than a bill! !!! I am going to call and speak to the owner tomorrow and ask what the F%#% is up because now I am getting really pissed!

  8. #8
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    SBT put a heat botton on top of the head it looks like a little clear eye see if you have that.

  9. #9
    ISLAND RACING seadoo951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Longisland, NY
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by jims 1300 View Post
    SBT put a heat botton on top of the head it looks like a little clear eye see if you have that.
    What I was told was that my head was un-usable as a core exchange and another OEM head would have to be purchased. The head is not from SBT as far as I know. Right now I am starting to think that I got screwed over unless my dealer can caugh up a warrenty paper from SBT that matches the #'s on my motor because I was not given this in the first place!

  10. #10
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    All motors from SBT come with there own head.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. how much is my motor worth
    By vxr in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2015, 11:03 AM
  2. SBT 61880 ? sticker on my motor, what is it?
    By drufire in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 07:19 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 09:36 AM
  4. My motor is on the way back from Lowell!
    By VOODOO in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 08:54 AM
  5. My motor is shot!!!
    By big83bronco in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 06:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •