Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Is my motor really from SBT?

How could I check to make sure that my motor is really from SBT. I just had my dealer do the motor swap on my 2001 RX-DI. The motor looks like it did when I took it to them aside from the head which looks new. Is it possible that my dealer took me for a fool and just did a topend and charged me $2,500 for it?!! I really hope I got what I paid for. (A whole new motor) Is there a way to see externally on the motor if it really is a whole new motor from SBT? I want to be sure that I was not screwed over by these guys at my dealer!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo951 View Post
    How could I check to make sure that my motor is really from SBT. I just had my dealer do the motor swap on my 2001 RX-DI. The motor looks like it did when I took it to them aside from the head which looks new. Is it possible that my dealer took me for a fool and just did a topend and charged me $2,500 for it?!! I really hope I got what I paid for. (A whole new motor) Is there a way to see externally on the motor if it really is a whole new motor from SBT? I want to be sure that I was not screwed over by these guys at my dealer!
    They might have done you a favor by doing it themselves..
    Doesn't sbt mark their motors? What dealer did you go to?

Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    They might have done you a favor by doing it themselves..
    Doesn't sbt mark their motors? What dealer did you go to?
    I believe SBT does mark their motors. That is why I am asking... Can't find any type of mark. I went to Mariners Cove Marina in Hampton Bays, N.Y.

+1
    not sure how all their motors are, but the SBT motor I had in a 1998 GTi last year had a little silver hologram sticker on the head and a sticker with a serial number on the front of it. The motor was fully painted silver and had no evidence of cracked paint on the bolt heads.

+1
    If the motor is from SBT you should get a one or two year unconditional warrantee. They also should have told you that the warrantee is void if the head is pulled off the motor. Ask them for a copy of the warantee from SBT.

DRB

Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    not sure how all their motors are, but the SBT motor I had in a 1998 GTi last year had a little silver hologram sticker on the head and a sticker with a serial number on the front of it. The motor was fully painted silver and had no evidence of cracked paint on the bolt heads.
    I can't apply my motor to this becasue I was told by them that my head was bad and that SBT would not put a head on the motor they sent them becasue the head that I gave them was bad. I had to end up buying another OEM head and having them put that one on the "SBT" motor.

Quote Originally Posted by drb View Post
    If the motor is from SBT you should get a one or two year unconditional warrantee. They also should have told you that the warrantee is void if the head is pulled off the motor. Ask them for a copy of the warantee from SBT.

DRB
    I did not get any paperwork from my dealer other than a bill! !!! I am going to call and speak to the owner tomorrow and ask what the F%#% is up because now I am getting really pissed!

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    SBT put a heat botton on top of the head it looks like a little clear eye see if you have that.

Quote Originally Posted by jims 1300 View Post
    SBT put a heat botton on top of the head it looks like a little clear eye see if you have that.
    What I was told was that my head was un-usable as a core exchange and another OEM head would have to be purchased. The head is not from SBT as far as I know. Right now I am starting to think that I got screwed over unless my dealer can caugh up a warrenty paper from SBT that matches the #'s on my motor because I was not given this in the first place!

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    All motors from SBT come with there own head.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information