Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Best Price/When/Where to by RXT-X aS 260

I am going to buy my first PWC. As a 60 year old male. young at heart, with alot of high performance motorsports experience, I have my heart set on a new RXT-X aS 260.

What is a fair price? When is the best time of year between now and spring to buy? Is a dealer's showroom or a boat show the place to buy? Where is a good place to select accessories such as life jacket, cold wheather riding gear, safety gear...?

I live about 30 minutes north of Syracuse, New York and will ride in the 1000 Islands area of the Saint Lawrence River.

Thank you in advance for pointing a rookie in the right direction!

Im 50 and feel the same as you, I bought my very first ski this year and LOVE it. I did not want a supercharged ski so I went with the GTI SE 130 and Im very very happy with it. I feel with the IBR sea doo has there is nothing else like it. I think your best bet would be a boat show,I was trading in a motorcycle so I had to find a dealer that wanted the bike,but im looking to add a second ski so im waiting for the boat show.I bet you can get them to through in a life jacket or 2 when you go to buy the ski,I got my dealer to toss in all the safety stuff I needed,tow rope,whistle,fire extinguisher.Ebay has a lot of stuff also so check there,life vest,ski covers.If you do not want to wait for the boat show I think this time of year is the best time to buy,dealers have 2012 model year skis left over. Here is a price on a 2012 from a dealer in Ohio RXT® - X® aS™ 260
    MSRP $16,399.00*
    Our Price $13,799.00

http://www.powersports360.com/default.asp

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Don't buy one they have a lot of problems.
    Read the blogs

Anything specific?

+1
    Buy a RXT 260, The same hull, but no suspension to brake or fix. It is a awesome ski and is lighter and faster.Not by much, but it is. It also comes stock with a boarding step and cruise. These go from $11,000-$12000. depending on the dealer. A reflash will make it even better.

Interesting thought about not getting a suspension. I'm an experienced hi-perf boater, but brand new to PWC's. Some people say a 60 year old gearhead such as myself would like the ride of the suspension while others seam to think it's not needed. I will use the PWC on the eastern side of the 1000 Islands area of the Saint Lawrence River. Some very large vessel traffic, a lot of recreational boats, and a fair number of PWC. When the wind kicks up, it can get pretty choppy. I'm not looking to be hot dog rider, just an oldster that enjoys alot of bark behind the throttle!

Are the suspensions a maintenance headache, or just another something that occasionally fails?

(
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeypwc View Post
    Anything specific?

+1
    Well for what you want I would say get the AS RXT,, because it is a nice ride and soaks up a lot of the chop and if you are looking for just a great ride. It is nice. Buy the Extended 5 year warranty as you will be happy you did. Then dont worry about any of it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill T View Post
    Don't buy one they have a lot of problems.
    Read the blogs

Says the newbie with 6 posts.......NEXT!!!

+1
    I have not seen any suspension issues since they came out with it in 2009....The Ibr still has its moments as some here will say and I have replaced a few Ibr components, but never replaced anything related to the suspension...Never had any customer come in with a suspension related complaint, and I have 3 guys with IS/AS skis that BREAK EVERYTHING but they havent been able to do any damage to their suspensions...

For the boat shows going on right now, BRP is giving away 2 additional years of warranty so you get a total of 3. If your local dealer is discounting the units, then it is up to them...You might be able to find a left over 2012 unit and get a $700 BRP rebate on top of what ever discount your dealer is giving...

+1
    I was told the suspended top had to be removed for SC removal; can you confirm that, Tiny? This is what I was told at a boat show displaying the model and that SC removal/rebuild would run about $1,000. through the dealer. For that reason I would not own one, but it's purely economics for me.

If I had the finances to just drop and go at the dealer and have them do the complete service, then I would prob. consider an aS for a ski.

Joey, if you're the wrenching type, then this may not be an issue for you. Good luck w/your purchase and be sure to brag w/a few pix.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information