2006 15f ?????'s

Hi, I am new to the site but would like to say thanks to all of you who actively participate in its success. I was recently looking to buy and found an abundance of knowledge and great advice at this site. With that said, I ended up buying a '06 15f. I was only able to spend about a half hour on it due to the cold weather but think it's going to be awesome in the spring.

I would like some advice on "winterization". The ski is being stored in my basement garage and will not be in freezing temps. What measures should I take for the 4-6 month storage? The ski only has 40 hours. The previous/only owner told me he only had the oil changed once though. That doesn't sound good to me, I would think you would want to change it yearly regardless of use, so I know I'll be changing the oil. Any other suggestions maintainance-wise??????

Thanks in advance, and glad to be part of the site!

Chuck

+1
    Sounds like you found a great craft, unfortunately I can't help you with winterizing with being in Florida. It is a good idea to change the oil yearly and you might need to have the valve clearance checked soon. That ski is barely broken in so have fun when it warms up. Head down here and you can join us on a ride January 1st.

+1
    I have the same ski,I change oil once a year, filter every other year. According to owners manual filter should be changed every 100 hours, oil every 50. Make sure to put stabil or sea foam in the fuel & then run it to get it through the entire fuel system, book recommends that it not be stored with fuel containing ethanol. You may want to change spark plugs too, but beware that is must be done carefully, remove spark plug wires & spray penetrating oil into the opening, let sit for a couple days, only try to remove plugs with a warm engine, not hot, & make sure to put neverseize on the threads when installing them. If the ski may run fine with the plugs it has, but the longer they are in, the more difficult they can be to get out, unless you know for sure the prior owner put neverseize on the plug threads. Also Mirror, do you ride in the Tampa Bay area? I have for the past 2 years hauled my ski to N Ft Myers to ride with a friend, but this year I am going north to go snowmobiling & when winter is over I have to "summerize" it.

+1
    Yep I ride all over the Tampa Bay area and have also ridden many other areas around here including the Ft Myers area, especially during the old Summer Ski Fest at Lover's Key.

Thread Information