Cable Lubing - winterization

Hello all,
    New to this forum... I'm in the process of winterizing my2011 VX Cruiser and am stymied by the cable lubing steps. I have the cableluber tool and am comfortable with its use. But despite the simple paragraph in the owner’s manual that infers thetool is used for all the cables (Throttle, Shift, Steering) its apparent that’snot the case. It APPEARS to me that thethrottle cable is the only cable suitable for the lubing tool. It looks like the other cables are actuallyrods and are better serviced with grease. Am I missing something?
    The manual is also a tad misleading in that it makes itsound like the lubing tool can be used on the throttle cable without hassle,yet there’s no way to insert the tool on the cable without removing thehandlebar housing as best as I can tell… I’ll be doing that tomorrow. But I’mstill wondering how best to lube the Shift and Steering cables/rods?
    Any advice would be appreciated!

Jersey CI
    Shift & steering rods.........I have always worked grease in from both ends. Cover the steering rod with grease (both ends) & then move the handlebars to work it in.......also disconnect all ballpin joints & get some grease on them. Had over 300 hrs on my old FXHO, I did this 2 or 3 times a year.......steering was still silky smooth.

Thanks very much for your advice. Should be easier than I anticipated, then. Much appreciated!

Thread Information