Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Leo's Pump Wedge puts my FX SHO with stock ECU/Injectors/hull over 80!

Before today my best time i could run on my 08 FX Sho was 79.2 with the mods in my signature, but today with the addition of Leo's Pump Wedge I ran 80.4 (now updated to 82.0 in later post)! I ran 80.4 a few times and consistently between 79.9-80.4. Thanks Leo for a great part!
    Last edited by yamahamiamiski; 11-27-2012 at 02:36 PM.

thats great.i too had good results with it on my stage 1 it was worth just under a mile.watch the fuel gauge closely though cause on almost empty it would shoot me straight out of the water before i got on plane.i purchased a r&d vts cam to cut my adjustments in half and hopefully find a shorter trim setting i can use for top speed even on low fuel.

+1
    thank you guys.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hialeahchiko305 View Post
    thats great.i too had good results with it on my stage 1 it was worth just under a mile.watch the fuel gauge closely though cause on almost empty it would shoot me straight out of the water before i got on plane.i purchased a r&d vts cam to cut my adjustments in half and hopefully find a shorter trim setting i can use for top speed even on low fuel.
    I used to get my best speed with 1 click up before the wedge, but today after trying all the settings I got the best speed in neutral and everything was cool.

neutral is suppose to be 5 degrees just like the stock exit nozzle and each click up is +8 degrees which is often too much with a pump wedge hence why your getting your best speed in neutral now.the r&d cam turns neutral into 2.5 degrees and each click up +4degrees giving you small adjustments.its only $30 and you might be able to squeeze a bit more speed.i got mine on but havent hit the water with it yet but ill keep you updated.

+1
    neutral is suppose to be 5 degrees just like the stock exit nozzle and each click up is +8 degrees which is often too much with a pump wedge hence why your getting your best speed in neutral now.the r&d cam turns neutral into 2.5 degrees and each click up +4degrees giving you small adjustments.its only $30 and you might be able to squeeze a bit more speed.i got mine on but havent hit the water with it yet but ill keep you updated.
    cool...pls let me know how it turns out

+1
    Nice results. I'm suprised a pump wedge didn't come along sooner given how well they do for other skis. Would the FZ benefit from one?

Quote Originally Posted by yamahamiamiski View Post
    cool...pls let me know how it turns out
    will do.im almost positive you still have more speed left in your setup because on my 71mph sho is still getting the getting better speed with 1 click up and i have alot more hull lift than you.with better trimming and your plate modded youd probably squeeze 1-2mph more. between nuetral and 1 click theyre is alot of room for adjustment and speed will be slightly better once you find the sweetspot.

Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    Nice results. I'm suprised a pump wedge didn't come along sooner given how well they do for other skis. Would the FZ benefit from one?
    a few companies back in the day sold them for our pump but they fit like shit then sometime later leo started making them.as far as i know hes the only one making them for our pump and the quality is second to none.hes had them available for quite a while but its one of those parts that the speed you get is setup dependent.i personally think anything that yields at least +.5 gain for every $100 you spend is more than fair.i wouldnt recommend a wedge on an FZ they bounce alot at WOT so ive been told.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    With the FZ hull the pump wedge I used is not recommended by Jim, Leo, and people I know since it causes significant bounce. However for the FX SHO hull it's great.
    Last edited by yamahamiamiski; 11-03-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information