Swamped RXP thanks to Sandy

Hi all,

I pulled my ski in anticipation of Sandy hitting us (I'm in Avalon, NJ - just about ground zero for landfall) and covered and secured it. After getting 4' + of water around the house, I've been told by my neighbor that the hull of my ski is flooded with at least 10" water (salt). How screwed am I? I'm heading down there tonight (Friday) and will have a better look tomorrow. When I pulled the ski I did nothing to it (winterizing) and it was sitting just as it was the last weekend (when I ran it / pulled it). Let me know any thoughts as to what I should be looking for / draining / spraying (WD-40) etc. Thanks in advance and I'll post when I get a better feel for what's going on after I get down and inspect.

Banned User
    +1
    That's what insurance is for

Banned User
    +1
    at least its wasn't running when swamped...

I'd be most worried about wiring and power being in the ski.

No exact advice on your specific question but a message of support hoping that the damage ain't too bad to the Ski and the rest of your belongings!!!

Regards

ScottyB

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dbi77 View Post
    Hi all,

I pulled my ski in anticipation of Sandy hitting us (I'm in Avalon, NJ - just about ground zero for landfall) and covered and secured it. After getting 4' + of water around the house, I've been told by my neighbor that the hull of my ski is flooded with at least 10" water (salt). How screwed am I? I'm heading down there tonight (Friday) and will have a better look tomorrow. When I pulled the ski I did nothing to it (winterizing) and it was sitting just as it was the last weekend (when I ran it / pulled it). Let me know any thoughts as to what I should be looking for / draining / spraying (WD-40) etc. Thanks in advance and I'll post when I get a better feel for what's going on after I get down and inspect.
    I am surprise that the ski didn't float. Thinking about storm surge I would of tie it up from 4 points so it could of raise with the water. Try to get the water out as quick as you can. Air mixes with salt water will rust it Quicker. Good Luck and sorry to here about this. Glad you are OK.

+1

Swamped RXP thanks to Sandy

Just collect insurance money and buy a new one. To me I would be worried about long term affects from it.

+1
    nah your fine, just clean it up and be done with it.

Thread Information