Thread: The WESP PWC

+1

The WESP PWC

My apologies if this is some type of re-post; I'm yet to see this radical design in the PWC world...

So, cool or not cool? I see it as innovative, radical, and fun - yet highly impractical. I do see it however, as a possible platform within the realm of hydro-drags (excluding the fact that it's got a 120hp engine!?!) It's about as close to looking like a dragster on the water as I've ever seen.

I lobby for one of you mod-minded, speed freaks to purchase one and slap a SC 4-Tec or Kawi 300 block in it... http://www.wesp.com/nl/

Banned User
    +1
    It's interesting. But, it looks like they are using some sort of transmission or ducting to split the engine power between two jet pumps(complicated). It also looks like it hasn't gone anywhere, yet.
    I'm wondering if 120hp will be more than enough??? Remember, it rides on a hydrofoil so not much surface contact with the water-less drag.
    And, did anyone see where the beer storage compartment was???

I wish them the best-but it looks like it's going to be very complicated to get the design to work properly. I also wonder about the rear articulations strength when you get into waves/chop? Articulating it side to side for turning is one thing, but to make it strong enough to bend/flex over waves is a whole other problem. You've got a lever effect with the rider in the front and the engine/pumps in the back-if the weight were equal, there wouldn't be much stress at all. But, if one end was heavier..........???
    Neat idea.

+1

The WESP PWC

Looks like a broken tailbone waiting to happen

+1
    The thing looks like it would split in two after catching air at 40+ mph on the first wave it hit. It does look pretty neat and fun if they can actually get one to production form. Very interested to see how the jet pumps and shafts are set up. I feel like that would be way to much stress for anything but a strait shot from motor to prop for it to be reliable at all.

Hell maybe they are on to something imagine a mini hydrofoil that would ride 1-2ft out of the water doing 60 plus. It would be unstoppable in the chop.

+1
    double post.

Thread Information