Reverse Governor - 2001 Polaris Genesis

I have a 2001 Polaris Genesis that had been sitting (either covered or in a garage) for about 2 years. I put a new battery in it and it would not start. I noticed that after I put a trickle charger on it, the screen on the instrument panel was distorted. I brought it to a service center and was told that the compression was great and if they could rebuild the carbs it will run fine even if the instrument panel is not viewable. After they rebuild the carbs, the engine started great, but I am told the instrument panel thinks the unit is in reverse so it will not go any more than a few miles an hour. They water tested it and said the instrument panel light up for a few minutes and they were able to go full power for a 100 feet, but then the instrument panel went dark and the engine went back to a limited state and would only go a few miles an hour. So now I am told that I need a new or used gauge cluster in order to make the ski usable. Any ideas on another work around? Do you feel certain the gauge cluster replacement will solve the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    Rochester, New York
    Welcome to The Hulk!

Click the link in my signature for tons of great info. There are instructions to bypass the starter lock which will allow you to unplug the display. Simple jumper.

This will resolve your issue!

Thread Information